. oversea travel flight tickets
. all inclusive deals.. prefer NO timeshare pressure sales
. abnb
. quick get away

... or whatever is travel related

I am on a budget so anything helps... lol . PLEASE SHARE

enuff

thank you

My wife subscribes to some online budget airfare marketing organizations, and often airfares pop up to Europe that we find difficult to turn down. Like a $437 round trip to Berlin on a big legacy air carrier. Later we spotted a $365 airfare to Europe.

There are a number of large European travel consolidators that put out flights and rooms for great prices. These are not guided tours. My wife just got back from 11 days in 3 big cities (with flights between) for about $1,200. It was a great deal, and hotels were very nice.

Good luck on travel bargains if they come on Black Friday. And be prepared to commit quickly to get the best deals.

My wife subscribes to some online budget airfare marketing organizations, and often airfares pop up to Europe that we find difficult to turn down. Like a $437 round trip to Berlin on a big legacy air carrier. Later we spotted a $365 airfare to Europe.

There are a number of large European travel consolidators that put out flights and rooms for great prices. These are not guided tours. My wife just got back from 11 days in 3 big cities (with flights between) for about $1,200. It was a great deal, and hotels were very nice.

Good luck on travel bargains if they come on Black Friday. And be prepared to commit quickly to get the best deals.

Interesting. Would you share the details? Thanks.

If you really want to pursue the credit card angle I'd recommend the subreddit on Churning. Lots of data to get started on the right side -

https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/

I typically dabble in it but there are some really serious angles to pursue to rack up tons of free miles/points/hotels. Biggest challenge is you need to be able to meet the minimum spending requirements to get the bonus's and then manage the process closely.

I've racked up 740,000 miles in free bonus miles over the past 5 years doing this. Some are on my account and some on DW's. This has saved us thousands on flights.

We just bought a 7 day crossing between Southampton and New York in September next year in the Cunard Black Friday sales. $1,099 each on the QM2, which will the 3rd time we have sailed on this particular ship for this particular crossing. In 2016 it cost us $1,600 each. for the same trip in November.

We will spend a few days in NYC before flying onwards to visit DD in California. Each time we visit we try and fit in a side excursion, and we have never actually visited NYC for more than a fleeting stop.

Last edited:
Understand what a good price is. Understand what a great price is. Be prepared to buy immediately.

We travel frequently. Many of our air, hotel, cruise, and AI reservations are done on specials or at the last minute. There are lots of bargains out there throughout the year.

Be wary of some Black Friday offers. In our experience they are often good but many are not really great. Almost like those so called duty free prices or half price sales.

740,000 miles? wow, that's like $7000 of cash value...

how much did you have to rack up the credit card spending?

thanks for sharing

If you really want to pursue the credit card angle I'd recommend the subreddit on Churning. Lots of data to get started on the right side -

I typically dabble in it but there are some really serious angles to pursue to rack up tons of free miles/points/hotels. Biggest challenge is you need to be able to meet the minimum spending requirements to get the bonus's and then manage the process closely.

I've racked up 740,000 miles in free bonus miles over the past 5 years doing this. Some are on my account and some on DW's. This has saved us thousands on flights.

Congratulations on your success with bonus miles.

I've avoided miles and points for quite a while, preferring cash I can spend where and when I please. But, if a point deal is really, really good, and I think I can make the minimum spend to get it, I will bite. I recently picked up 150,000 hotel points. And since my spend time goes through the Christmas season, I should be able to meet it. But, there have been times when I have let a good bonus slip by because I did not want to be tempted to spend just to get the bonus.

740,000 miles? wow, that's like $7000 of cash value...

how much did you have to rack up the credit card spending?

thanks for sharing

The typical offer is something like 60,000 bonus miles if you spend $3k in the first 3 months (but they often vary).

I normally charge just enough to get the bonus and make sure to cancel the card withing the year before the annual fee kicks in.

If you're looking for discounted airfares and are flexible about when and where, Scott's Cheap Flights sends email alerts when they find fares that are significantly lower than the average for that route. It's basically like a low fare alert to almost everywhere in the world.

Nothing. Nadda. Shopping for a few alternative travel options.

Maybe my number will hit the board on Cyber Monday. And then again, perhaps not.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom