Blade Runner 2049

MichaelB

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
That's the name of the sequel. According to this report in ARS Technica, it will be released a year from now. Blade Runner sequel named Blade Runner 2049, out October 2017… in VR! | Ars Technica
Remember that Blade Runner sequel announced earlier this year? It finally has a name—and no, it's not Blade Runner 2. The sequel to one of the greatest science-fiction films of all time is now known as Blade Runner 2049, and it's coming out one year from now on October 6, 2017, not January 2018 as previously announced.

In other news, it looks they hope to be on the [-](bleeding)[/-] leading edge of technology with this release.
If that wasn't to wet your sci-fi whistle, Oculus has also confirmed that Blade Runner 2049 will be released in virtual reality on the Oculus Rift and other Oculus platforms (read: Samsung Gear VR), as well as in cinemas. Whether that means there will be a simultaneous release is unclear, but Oculus has promised to reveal more details at a later date.
Will this give us close up 3D views of Harrison Ford's wrinkles?

The original is certainly a classic, hope the sequel does it justice.

I need to re-watch the original. About all I remember is just how well they presented the bleakness of this future world, dark, always drizzling rain. It was palpable.

-ERD50

Wake up, time to die.

What could a sequel possibly add to the story? Consider Star Wars...

(Cynical mood today) ;)

_B

If they don't have actors of the same caliber as the original version then it would be, for me, a pointless exercise.

I need to re-watch the original. About all I remember is just how well they presented the bleakness of this future world, dark, always drizzling rain. It was palpable.

-ERD50
Hey, this is Seattle in the fall and winter!

Back
Top Bottom