Blow That Dough! -2021

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong store :). Try again

I was going to stop by the store that I know has the Redbreast 21 on the way home but decided I would try the Redbreast 12 first. And I need permission before I bring home a bottle of Louis XIII. Mamma is shopping for custom closets and new patio furniture. Be a tough conversation to tell her we can't get a new closet because I bought a bottle of liquor.

One thing I've learned from this thread is that compared to the heavy boat owners I should have no remorse about 10-12 commercial air flights. Carbon footprint be damned!��

One thing I've learned from this thread is that compared to the heavy boat owners I should have no remorse about 10-12 commercial air flights. Carbon footprint be damned!��

You would feel less guilty if you stick with the [-]cattle[/-] coach seats.

I'm still looking. We think the 33 footer might not be big enough.

Now considering a 42 foot trawler with twin diesels. Two miles per gallon is way better than one mile per gallon. And diesels last longer too.

New boat sleeps 6, has full galley, 2 heads and HVAC.

No, people still have not gotten it right about me. :)

I have more money than I spend. I do not need to save money, just not wanting to waste it. I spend money only on things I want.

I just don't want to spend money just for the sake of spending. In fact, spending money wrongly brings you grief, not pleasure.

NW, it's obvious you need to "up your WANT game"! It's OK to buy a new Corvette as it helps the economy. That's your justification...(I would do it if I had more $$$$$$, and I could get in and out of it without needing help!) (hey, I'm 78)

But, if a new Vette is not a Big Want for you, move up to a Bentley or Rolls....

Or, maybe a third house on the beach somewhere so the grandkids have a place to party when school is out?

I'm a real idea guy, if you haven't figured it out...but not in Robbie's league by a long stretch.

NW, it's obvious you need to "up your WANT game"! It's OK to buy a new Corvette as it helps the economy. That's your justification...(I would do it if I had more $$$$$$, and I could get in and out of it without needing help!) (hey, I'm 78)

But, if a new Vette is not a Big Want for you, move up to a Bentley or Rolls....

Or, maybe a third house on the beach somewhere so the grandkids have a place to party when school is out?

I'm a real idea guy, if you haven't figured it out...but not in Robbie's league by a long stretch.

Keep working on him aja8888! Lol

New Corvette is way more than the trawler. Boat (1979) is only ninety grand.

I buy old well kept boats - :)

Nah. We passed. As big as it is and as well as it was advertised it still only sleeps 2 and you have to lay across the V berth. Stove does not work, generator does not work, owner says he measures the fuel with a stick as the gas gauges do not work.

But the whole boat was rewired and the engines only have 80 hours on them? Maybe because the gauges don't work either?

It's a good looking boat for sure, but me thinks I'll keep looking.

A Rolls won't fit in my garage. I will have to move to an upscale neighborhood nearby, where homes there have a 4-car and 5-car garage. The homes go for a few $M, are on 1/2 to 1-acre lot, and that gives me more land to plant veggie and also erect solar pergolas. Yes, I will need lots of solar juice to cool these 7000-8000 sq.ft. homes.

My WR jumps up big, because the home operating cost is higher while my stash shrinks after paying for the home. I will be fretting whenever the market hiccups. Life is no longer easy, but stressful. I will now trade options like mad, out of necessity instead of for fun. I will no longer be able to go on trips, because I am now a full-time trader. I may take on too much risk and start to lose money instead of making money. I will start to guzzle Fireball Whisky by the gallon instead of sipping XO Cognac. I will start smoking again.

I will stop posting here, and y'all will wonder what happens to NW-Bound, where he has gone.

Last edited:
A Rolls won't fit in my garage. I will have to move to an upscale neighborhood nearby, where homes there have a 4-car and 5-car garage. The homes go for a few $M, are on 1/2 to 1-acre lot, and that gives me more land to plant veggie and also erect solar pergolas. Yes, I will need lots of solar juice to cool these 7000-8000 sq.ft. homes.

My WR jumps up big, because the home operating cost is higher while my stash shrinks after paying for the home. I will be fretting whenever the market hiccups. Life is no longer easy, but stressful. I will now trade options like mad, out of necessity instead of for fun. I will no longer be able to go on trip, because I am now a full-time trader. I may take on too much risk and start to lose money instead of making money. I will start to guzzle Fireball Whisky by the gallon instead of sipping XO Cognac.

I will stop posting here, and y'all will wonder what happens to NW-Bound, where he has gone.

Fireball? Surely you can't sink that low. (I know, don't call me Shirley).

I did not even have something as nice as Fireball when I got drunk the 1st time in my life at 15.

It was a fifth of moonshine, shared with another guy. It knocked me out for 3 days. Did not get much of a hard time from my parents. They just left me alone to recover. I guess it was because they saw that I suffered enough.

PS. I did not even drink beer before I was talked into guzzling moonshine by the older guy.

Last edited:
^ Lol! Now you can afford the good stuff.

I was exaggerating about being out for 3 days.

I sneaked out to drink at 10PM. After a mere 5 minutes of downing moonshine by the glass, threw up and crawled to my bed, and passed out. Woke up at noon the next day, felt thirsty and took a drink of water. The water somehow reactivated the alcohol, and I crawled into bed and passed out again.

In the 2nd morning, I was able to get up and had a meal. My parents did not say anything. Later, my father said, "I hope you have learned your lesson".

I was exaggerating about being out for 3 days.

I sneaked out to drink at 10PM. After a mere 5 minutes of downing moonshine by the glass, threw up and crawled to my bed, and passed out. Woke up at noon the next day, felt thirsty and took a drink of water. The water somehow reactivated the alcohol, and I crawled into bed and passed out again.

In the 2nd morning, I was able to get up and had a meal. My parents did not say anything. Later, my father said, "I hope you have learned your lesson".

LOL! Lucky you didn't do some damage downing Moonshine by the glass. My father-in-law used to make the stuff, along with wine and brandy. I drank a lot of what he made and that 'shine was pretty rough.

Now I am a tee-totaler or whatever you call a non-drinker. But I certainly did my share of drinking over the years.

Last edited:
Yeah, displacement hulls, not fast, about 10 mph and should be diesel.

And not fast on a 42 foot boat would be good for a beginner like me. Never piloted a double screw inboard.

Spent the last couple nights in NYC with another couple we have adventured with for 30+ years. They are foodies, like us. We dined at a Michelin star rated Italian Place, DW and I's share of the bill was $370. Was it good? No. It was excellent. Was it worth it? Yes. That time. Might be a year or so before we drop that kind of coin on dining out (at ONE meal, LOL) but really enjoyed it.

Yeah, displacement hulls, not fast, about 10 mph and should be diesel.

And not fast on a 42 foot boat would be good for a beginner like me. Never piloted a double screw inboard.
That sounded like a good pass. All that would be working for a real boat guy, so the whole condition is suspect IMO.
You will enjoy twin screws when you get them, especially at the dock.

Spent the last couple nights in NYC with another couple we have adventured with for 30+ years. They are foodies, like us. We dined at a Michelin star rated Italian Place, DW and I's share of the bill was $370. Was it good? No. It was excellent. Was it worth it? Yes. That time. Might be a year or so before we drop that kind of coin on dining out (at ONE meal, LOL) but really enjoyed it.

What was the name of the place?

Was it tasting menu or a la carte?

Included wine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom