Blurring between digital and hard content

Pellice

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Well, for the first time ever, I found myself absent-mindedly tapping on a paper magazine article title, expecting it to open. :LOL: I wonder if ours will be the last generation to really use paper. And yes, I know that many don't rely on paper now - in fact, I have a digital subscription to the same magazine. But I use both and rely on both. When I make a note of where some necessary document is stored, I use "e-suspense" and "p-suspense" as designators.

How much have you transitioned to a totally digital mindset? I would say about 50-50 for me.

Does it count that I've pressed the FOB for my car to try and open the door for a storage area? :LOL:

Well, for the first time ever, I found myself absent-mindedly tapping on a paper magazine article title, expecting it to open.

What is this "paper magazine" you are talking about? Maybe it is still in warranty that you can send in for a free repair?

Well, for the first time ever, I found myself absent-mindedly tapping on a paper magazine article title, expecting it to open.

When I read paper books (rarely), I get mildly frustrated that I can't tap a word and get it's definition right there...

I get frustrated that I can’t zoom in on a picture in a paper magazine. I have tried and it never seems to work.

I'm probably 50% e-books and "real" books. I subscribe to the paper Astronomy magazine; it's available digitally but for this subject matter, especially the pictures, I would not be happy with digital. I get my news information online, and read until I get depressed.

I generally prefer paper for my reading material. However, in the past 1.5 years I became aware of digital books available from the library and have borrowed to read about 65 of them during the pandemic. Free was the optimum word for me. Otherwise I bought used from Abe books.

Cheers!

I couldn't imagine buying anything in "print" these days. Having stuff digitally available is so much simpler and takes up very little room.

I greatly prefer paper for reading. A couple of magazines I used to get went digital-only and I haven't looked at them since. That said, we did stop getting the local Sunday paper a couple of years ago because the price kept going up and up and we just didn't feel we were getting any value from it. I rarely read books mainly because since getting bifocals, I just can't find a good position where I can hold the book comfortably to read. I bought a Kindle and did read a couple of books on there, but I haven't done that for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom