Buying Corp Bonds

lawman

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I have started buying some investment grade short term corporate bonds. I know nothing about some of the offerings other than what is shown on the offerings page of Schwab..How much risk am I assuming on 3 yr offerings that are rated at least BBB or higher?

Also some have transaction fees...Is that normal?

Don't you think those are things you should know the answers to before purchasing?

Defaults by credit grade and class according to Moody’s.

Attachments

• 9E93B625-23D4-41B4-99D1-449BFFDE7972.jpg
    9E93B625-23D4-41B4-99D1-449BFFDE7972.jpg
    368.8 KB · Views: 23
I have started buying some investment grade short term corporate bonds. I know nothing about some of the offerings other than what is shown on the offerings page of Schwab..How much risk am I assuming on 3 yr offerings that are rated at least BBB or higher?

Also some have transaction fees...Is that normal?

If you bought notes from U.S. money center banks (i.e. Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, Wells Fargo) or Canadian banks you have nothing to worry about. The only risk you have is that the notes are called prior to their maturity date. Either way, you get your principal back and earn interest payments just like a CD.

If you bought notes from U.S. money center banks (i.e. Citigroup, J.P. Morgan, Bank of America, Wells Fargo) or Canadian banks you have nothing to worry about. The only risk you have is that the notes are called prior to their maturity date. Either way, you get your principal back and earn interest payments just like a CD.

Bought some of those and trying to buy more...thanks

Back
Top Bottom