What is the last thing you ordered from Amazon?

Compression sox for wearing on our flights, wired headphones for DGS who are too young for wireless, some more fidget toys for DGS for the plane trip this summer. Their back packs full of things to do on the plane are almost done!

Salt!

1715098843586.jpeg

Probably the first time in 20 years I have run out of salt. Apparently it has gone up in price - - it's now $7 for a container of salt this size from Amazon.

I ordered one of those jar openers that you attach to the bottom of the kitchen cabinet. Arthritis in my hands makes opening jars too difficult anymore. This should work.
1715103306337.png

Salt!

View attachment 50963

Probably the first time in 20 years I have run out of salt. Apparently it has gone up in price - - it's now $7 for a container of salt this size from Amazon.
Wow, that's crazy! This size salt (store brand) is still available for 89 cents at my local FoodLion store. The Morton brand is less than $2. Walmart.com also charges $7.70 but sells the 12 pack for $22 (not that anyone needs 12 cans of salt....). These are remarkable price swings for a commodity such as salt, but I suppose convenience has its price.

A fancy computer power supply tester. One of my computers on the fritz. I first thought was due to a bad hard drive. Then another bad hard drive. Then another. Now I think may be a bad power supply killing hard drives. Hopefully, this test will shed some light to the real problem.
computer power supply tester.jpg

Allulose. (It is a sugar substitute which allegedly doesn't raise blood sugar.) DH is a diabetic and insists on using something to sweeten his coffee. I went black a long, long time ago.

Doggie pool and splash pad, 2 sweaters

The book "War Beneath the Sea" by Peter Padfield, about submarine conflict in WWII. It looks to be a serious history book on the topic. If you've ever seen the inside of a WWII submarine (I had the opportunity to tour the Torsk in Baltimore Harbor) those guys had big brass ones. And the current crews aren't exactly wusses either.

A large Coleman cooler on wheels, some reusable Cooler Shock ice packs, and eight dozen bottles of gatorade.

Beginning on 5/16 I'm having all the old siding on my 1971 ranch house replaced with Hardie plank lap siding. A few days after that's done, a second team will arrive to power wash the whole house and paint the soffits/fascia/frieze boards/shutters/door cases and the garage door. Then they will wash and stain the deck. The first total facelift the house has had in 25 years!

In total they should be here for a full 7 working days. I intend to keep the cooler stocked at all times. It's hot as heck in NC and these guys work very hard.

Back
Top Bottom