Can someone please point me to some resources

Quantum Sufficit

Recycles dryer sheets
Hi all,

Wife and I are going to be FIRE'd April 1 2015. I have read as much as I can about time segmentation (buckets of money) approach with SWR and "other" withdrawal methods. Can someone please tell me where I can find a "step by step" as to what accounts and what asset classes one takes from when the market is up, when the market is down for the year?? Why do people say time segmentation is no good or just a mental trick if it keeps you from selling stock shares when the market is down, allowing you to use "short term reserves/cash" allowing stocks to recover. When they do, how do you replenish everything:angel:-- this is why I feel I need something like the vanguard managed payout which has a professional doing all of this for me. On the other hand it has a 0.34 expense ratio for the privilege of doing this management.

I was hoping for a step by step "rules of thumb". Also, if you are going to be tax efficient and keep bonds in IRA space, that is only 20% of my networth with 80% in taxable accounts. Would I have to 72T them as I am 48?

Hi all,

Wife and I are going to be FIRE'd April 1 2015. I have read as much as I can about time segmentation (buckets of money) approach with SWR and "other" withdrawal methods. Can someone please tell me where I can find a "step by step" as to what accounts and what asset classes one takes from when the market is up, when the market is down for the year?? Why do people say time segmentation is no good or just a mental trick if it keeps you from selling stock shares when the market is down, allowing you to use "short term reserves/cash" allowing stocks to recover. When they do, how do you replenish everything:angel:-- this is why I feel I need something like the vanguard managed payout which has a professional doing all of this for me. On the other hand it has a 0.34 expense ratio for the privilege of doing this management.

I was hoping for a step by step "rules of thumb". Also, if you are going to be tax efficient and keep bonds in IRA space, that is only 20% of my networth with 80% in taxable accounts. Would I have to 72T them as I am 48?

The Bucket Strategy® | Lucia Capital Group

I listen to this podcast all the time. They give info all the time about the "The bucket strategy".

The Ray Lucia show and the Boomers Braintrust are both great podcasts.

Last edited:
I think this depends a lot on how much $$$ you have saved, possible pensions, and your spending needs, and even the allotment of your buckets.
But at age 48, sounds like you have been doing something right :)

Back
Top Bottom