Cash? Crooks? Dope?

I used to play poker at stakes that had me carrying about $1500 in cash much of the time. I think that at my peak I had about $6500 in hundreds hidden in my bible

:LOL:

wab said:
So, there's your answer: foreigners.

Now it all makes sense. I read the original post and thought it was way off from personal experience. Like thefed, I know dope money is almost all $20's and asked my wife the Princess (former banker) who said legit money is mostly $20's.

Very much agree Ron.......

Especially when traveling by auto, DW and I carry a kilobuck or so in cash, divided between us, "just in case."

We started doing this after a close friend related a story to us........ He was on an auto trip from Conn to Tex. An ATM ate his credit card one evening and other than a few bux in his wallet, he was stuck until the next afternoon! Yuuuck!

30% in cash (off the officially registered transaction) is often required if you plan to purchase properties in Spain on the Riviera, for example, and 500 euros notes are convenient for that kind of transactions.

They also have a silly tax on wealth...

And 30% of the total of these notes for the entire euro zone are circulating in spain...

Just a hint to what these notes are used for, nothing to do with drugs...

No.

What I will report now is what is known by all and explained in the news publishing papers addressing RE on the spanish riviera.

What I say is that if the deal is agreed between you and the seller at say 1M€ (you dont have much of a house at this price in most fancy places...), then the transaction price registered with the notary will be 700k€ (official price) and you'll pass 300k€ in a nice enveloppe to the seller before you both sign. The notary who is not idiot will claim just before you sign and leaving all papers before the seller and buyer that he is called for whatever reason in the next room and that he'll be right back. When he's back, papers are signed (envelope was exchanged), and he collects the stuff and signs - the deal is closed. Notice that the documents must be signed by the notary and not a clerc so as to close the deal...

I was also wondering why a third of all 500€ notes (of the entire euro zone) were circulating in Spain. Must be a link...

I guess that the RE agent will often propose the deal himself as he knows the expectations of the seller. He probably will also prefer part in cash. All seems to be negotiable....

When my kids became teenagers, I exchanged my 20s for 1s. My son started sounding like he was homeless, "Dad, you got a dollar?" I learned quickly that if I gave him a 10 or 20, I would never see the change back.

kramer said:
Apparently, each bill weighs about 1/490 of a pound. This would mean that (in 100s) $90K weighs 1.83 pounds, 1 million dollars weighs 20.4 pounds, and 12 million dollars weighs 245 pounds. Might need some help with that last one . . . 8) 8)

If you want it in 20's, multiply each of these weights by 5.

Kramer

Interesting... and I would say accurate... I held a million in cash once... it was on a tour of our vault.. they had a 'brick' of 100s which totaled $500,000 and then put 5 $100,000 older wraps on top... I was surprised how heavy it was considering the movies you see where they put millions in a briefcase...

Well, in 500€ a small briefcase is enough for a million....

Back
Top Bottom