Check Fraud

A teller at my credit union once managed to cash a check for someone (not me) and took the money out of *my* checking account, somehow. The check overdrew my account and I got a penalty. (plus a zero balance checking!!) After I reported it, the credit union put my money back into my account, and took off the penalty. They acted like it was no big deal !! I wonder if they ever got the money back from the check-casher.

Please let us know how this works. Exact same situation for me. I hate to authorize anyone to pull from my checking account. I use BOA Billpay to push just about everything else including transfers to other banks. I’ve been tempted to use billpay for property taxes but since I usually pay close to the due date I don’t have room for error.

It worked! Sometimes it pays to be a little daring. I have to keep telling myself this :)

The bank shows you a copy of the check they sent and it did have the parcel # and the Bill # info that I specified. And now I have a record of confirmed payment, although there has never been an issue with the mail payments.

It worked! Sometimes it pays to be a little daring. I have to keep telling myself this :)

The bank shows you a copy of the check they sent and it did have the parcel # and the Bill # info that I specified. And now I have a record of confirmed payment, although there has never been an issue with the mail payments.

Thanks. I keep forgetting BofA will pay anybody even if they have to send a check by snail mail. I may try it but will allow extra time in case the county drags their feet applying the credit.

Back
Top Bottom