Congressional flag Q

mickeyd

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
South Texas~29N/98W Just West of Woman Hollering C
I'm in need of a new flag as mine is getting a bit ragged. $28 seems life a good price for a flag from Congress. Has anyone used this service or obtained a flag this way?

US Flags -- With 4th of July around the corner you may want to request a 3x5 or 5x8 ft flag to be flown over the state capital on a certain day or, just want to buy one. These are called Constituent Services and whether the flag is nylon or cotton, the prices range from $17 to $28. Check with your state senator for more information

We have a flag from my FIL funeral as he was a WWII vet. What should one do with those types of flags? It remains folded in a closet.

I'm in need of a new flag as mine is getting a bit ragged. $28 seems life a good price for a flag from Congress. Has anyone used this service or obtained a flag this way?

Over the last 10 years we've spent $20-$27 at Wal-Mart for a basic 3'x5', so it seems like you're getting a fair price for something that flew over the legislature. Assuming that's a good thing.

The local VFW or American Legion units may also have a line on flags flown at local military bases or memorials.

We have a flag from my FIL funeral as he was a WWII vet. What should one do with those types of flags? It remains folded in a closet.
I donated midshipman uniforms to the Smithsonian, but I don't know how much storage room they have these days.

The USS ARIZONA Memorial, the USS MISSOURI Memorial, and the Submarine Museum gets tons of [-]junk[/-] valuable mementos from the survivors of recently-deceased WWII veterans. One or two pieces may go into the archives or even on display, but they just can't shovel through the stuff fast enough to keep up with the Greatest Generation's passing.

If you can't attract the attention of a national or local museum, again your best bet might be a local veteran's organization. If that falls through too then you could try a local theater group or a Boy Scout troop or a movie studio like Disney. When Disney came out to film "Pearl Harbor" they brought several containerloads of WWII-era articles that seeded the sets, and they might have a use for an old set of colors with only 48 stars.

Or you could hang it indoors and enjoy it!

Suggest that if you have a very large table, not the dining room one either? Put it under glass, out of sunlight as much as possible, with nothing except your FIL's Military stuff and/or pictures containing him and family. Makes a very nice focal point and will raise awareness for visitors and family alike.

The best way to honor your father and the country he served is to fly his flag proudly on major holidays, such at Memorial Day, Flag Day, 4th of July and Veterans Day. Every U.S. flag ever authorized is still authorized for use and may be flown. I have a collection of old flags going back to the 1880's when there were only 38 stars on the flag. Each weekend in the summer, if the weather is nice -- no rain and not too much wind -- I hang one on my front porch.

Back
Top Bottom