Contemplation....

Why is this week different then any other week you have been away from work? Just curious?

Curious about that too.... I think because even though I am home taking care of DW, I am never really away from work with the 24/7 operation and responsibility.

Yes, I know part of that is my fault. Just the way I was raised I guess. Same thing that kept me in 1st marriage for way longer than I should have been, those darn family values my Dear old Dad raised me with all those years. :rolleyes:

I always thought that the reason they call it "work", is that work is work and it isn't fun or playtime.

I may be wrong, but I think there are some out there that genuinely like, if not love their work. I used to enjoy it, but things are so much different these days within companies. Just not so much anymore.

Hopefully the "up cycle" will come soon and stay a little while longer.

I may be wrong, but I think there are some out there that genuinely like, if not love their work. I used to enjoy it, but things are so much different these days within companies. Just not so much anymore.

Hopefully the "up cycle" will come soon and stay a little while longer.
Getting paid for what you love does happen! It's good to think positive.

Curious about that too.... I think because even though I am home taking care of DW, I am never really away from work with the 24/7 operation and responsibility.

Yes, I know part of that is my fault. Just the way I was raised I guess. Same thing that kept me in 1st marriage for way longer than I should have been, those darn family values my Dear old Dad raised me with all those years. :rolleyes:

I do think that people with this mindset do burnout earlier because they don't have an off button. My sis joined a big firm right out of college and moved up the ladder but never hit the off button either. After a job change to a government job at 50 she told me this is going to be different I learned my lesson. Her boss told her leave at 5 every day it's all going to still be here tomorrow. Yet guess who was at her desk every Friday late "just trying to get a little more done"... it's inbred with some people.

I do think that people with this mindset do burnout earlier because they don't have an off button. My sis joined a big firm right out of college and moved up the ladder but never hit the off button either. After a job change to a government job at 50 she told me this is going to be different I learned my lesson. Her boss told her leave at 5 every day it's all going to still be here tomorrow. Yet guess who was at her desk every Friday late "just trying to get a little more done"... it's inbred with some people.

I guess some habits are very difficult to break! :LOL::LOL:

Yes, my daughter is the same way known her job (strange for a millennial). I am trying very hard to teach her differently, without losing her ambition.

Yes, my daughter is the same way known her job (strange for a millennial). I am trying very hard to teach her differently, without losing her ambition.

I wasn't actually talking about your daughter, guessing that apple didn't fall too far from the tree...

Great advice. I am working for a project lead (not my manager) who micromanages, dictates, and objects to everything. My manager has pretty much dedicated his responsibilities of managing people to the project lead. Bringing up the issue (or complaining) about the leading style will not be prudent as the boss has entrusted him with the task of managing the team. I am pretty taking a similar approach of reminding that it is only a couple of years, knowing that someday that lead would have to bear the burden of any bad decision that he had made on his own accord, and focusing on outside activities. :)

Sounds like a great approach! Time will pass before you know it, even if it seems agonizingly slow now.

Back
Top Bottom