Converting vinyl to digital

I borrowed a friend's Denon turntable to experiment with the conversion and came to the conclusion that I will just stick with the LPs and my old Dual turntable. The Denon worked well enough but it is a tedious and time consuming task. The only problem was a bit of hiss that I assume came from the Denon's DA converter. It was not there when just running analog cables to my stereo.
Pretty much where I'm at. I'll just keep my LPs and my turntables and play them and enjoy them as they are. It's just too tedious to do a proper conversion and with a lot of the music being available directly from digital sources it's not worth it. Besides I enjoy reading the LP liners and looking at the full size artwork as I listen to the LP playing as God intended :angel:

Thanks for all of the excellent responses. I am getting the info I need to make good decisions, I just need to process it. I will keep you posted.

One more thing. As mentioned earlier, if I were going to do the conversion of all 700+ LPs that I have I would go to FLAC format instead of MP3. To me there is a noticeable loss in quality unless one uses a very high bit rate for the MP3; I would say at least 256kbps.

And if anyone decides after converting all of your LPs you want to get rid of them, let me know, I may be interested in some! :dance:

Maybe work out a fair price to take them off of your hands.:greetings10:

I have used TotalRecorder for probably well over a decade.

I, too, used TotalRecorder for many years but drifted away several years ago because it just became too complicated... trying to keep up with plug-ins, for instance.

I now use the Applian Suite for all my computer recording. (https://applian.com/windows/) These programs are easy to use and are essentially fool-proof.

AVSCS-160.png
Discover the Power to Capture ANY Online Video & Audio

The Replay Capture Suite contains seven incredibly handy software programs that provide all the tools you need to capture media from the internet. You can record radio, save music as MP3 files, download video, and convert and edit your recorded files. Explore the tabs above to see what the Replay Capture Suite can do for you!

Another group of programs that I can recommend can be found here -- http://www.avs4you.com/

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom