cost for internet and phone.

My bad: for $12/mo, talk/text/unlimited data over wifi. If wifi not available, calls automatically/seamlessly transfer to cell (so much so that I think of it as unlimited cell). For $20/mo, it's unlimited talk/text/wifi data, with 1GB of cell data. Again, I don't use the phone in this capacity to justify $20/mo (although I can transfer back and forth between the $20/mo 1GB cell data ((or higher)) plans and my own twice a month if I want to).

Last edited:
Regarding the mention of WiFi calling, I have known a couple of people that that is all they had, and they could only make phone calls or do data with where there was wifi. So they would know where all the free wifi was. This might seem like an inconvenience, but how different is that from when we all had only land lines, and never answered the phone anyplace but at home?

Depends on the plan. As I noted above, many wifi plans such as my own transfer seamlessly to cell when wifi is lost.

I do in fact use my cell much like a landline in that I leave the cell at home 99% of the time, because I dislike talking on the phone. I am not like many people who think the world will end if they miss a call. I only talk with a few close friends and family members on the phone anyway. People who know me know I prefer texting to the phone or email as it is much more efficient.

My internet is $29.99 per month for medium fast service at Comcast on a special deal.

My land line phone is $35 a year at MagicJack.

I suppose one could not have a plan other than skype for wifi?

Some people go all out and manage to pay $0 with Google Voice but the process seemed to be too much of a hassle for me after looking into it.

Back
Top Bottom