Could Covid 19 be the cure to OMY Syndrome??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DawgMan

Full time employment: Posting here.
Funny thing happened after I aired out my pickle on a thread in late March, "Ready to launch, then chickened out...", Corona-virus came to town and smacked Mr Market, stopped the music on my business, and has provided me plenty of time to contemplate my future during my "shelter in-place" time. Interestingly, while I know for some the Corona fallout might dictate the need to plan for more OMYs to make up for lost market value and current income, I think it may be just what I needed... a somewhat forced hiatus from doing my business. One of my previous fears was I felt I had too much fire in my belly to lay down my sword. Well, we just reopened our offices this week so I went in for the first time in 2 months, stayed 2 hours, and left. I thought I might want to scratch the itch, but not feeling it. There may not be a cure for Covid 19 yet, but perhaps it has cured me. New plan is to finish out 2020, but I think I am feeling the "you will know when you know" thingy many of you have always talked about.

Has this whole Covid 19 experience helped you get over the hump?

Wow - I figured if anybody you would know!

We’re very grateful to have been retired and out traveling and doing stuff before the pandemic struck.

Sounds like it is the answer to Your OMY!
Welcome to retirement... maybe? :)

One decision I’ve made during the Covid work from home experience is, one way or another, I am DONE with an office environment. I didn’t realize what a positive difference simply not going in there makes. I’m not ready to fully retire but I am in a position to continue to work entirely from home. HALLELUJAH.

Shouldn't this be in the quarantine section?!? Oye...seeing a lot of COVID related threads that are out of containment. MODS...can this be fixed?

One decision I’ve made during the Covid work from home experience is, one way or another, I am DONE with an office environment. I didn’t realize what a positive difference simply not going in there makes. I’m not ready to fully retire but I am in a position to continue to work entirely from home. HALLELUJAH.

I suspect your sentiments are shared by millions now working from home.

DD#2 and several dozen of her co-workers have been working from home since early April. Her company sent out a survey to measure employee temperature regarding returning to the office vs continuing to work remotely. Even before responses were due to be returned, the company announced 25% of them would be moving back to the office on June 1.

A couple of days later, after the surveys were completed, the back to the office plan was canceled. :)

It's difficult -perhaps ludicrous - to ignore the impact of coronavirus on ER decisionmaking, or relegate every posts mentioning it to a separate forum. Should we also avoid mentioning coronavirus in posts about the market, about travel, about health, lest they wind up in the containment area?
And yes, I think coronavirus IS the fix for OMY. A good brush with mortality (or telecommuting?) focuses the mind.

It's difficult -perhaps ludicrous - to ignore the impact of coronavirus on ER decisionmaking, or relegate every posts mentioning it to a separate forum. Should we also avoid mentioning coronavirus in posts about the market, about travel, about health, lest they wind up in the containment area?
And yes, I think coronavirus IS the fix for OMY. A good brush with mortality (or telecommuting?) focuses the mind.

I have to say I was a little surprised the ER.ORG Nazis felt compelled to comment on where my thread should be placed. My intent was to discuss the effect on OMY syndrome and not specifically direct Covid 19 issue. Hey, to each their own, no skin off my back... put it where you like!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom