Cramer.....the idiot

he made more money in stocks than almost everyone here, has a graduate degree from one of the top schools in the US, worked for the top investment banking firm in the world, built 2 businesses, and is now semi-retired and does some light work to get back to his journalism roots

Really? I don't doubt that he is smart - but I don't think that anybody who *is* smart would watch his show for financial advice:

wiki: Jim Cramer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In May 2008, a review by CXO Advisory showed that Cramer's stock picks have done worse than the market averages.[34]

In February 2000, Cramer proclaimed that Internet-related companies "are the only ones worth owning right now." These "winners of the new world," as he called them, "are the only ones that are going higher consistently in good days and bad".[27]
Investor

Cramer obtained employment in 1984 as a stock broker in Goldman Sachs' Sales & Trading department. Cramer's success in this position led him to fund his own hedge fund, Cramer & Co. (later Cramer, Berkowitz, & Co.) in 1987. The fund operated out of the offices of hedge fund pioneer Michael Steinhardt's Steinhardt, Fine, Berkowitz & Co., and early investors included Eliot Spitzer (a Harvard classmate and one of his oldest friends) [8], Steven Brill, and Martin Peretz.[1] Despite claims of high returns, Cramer's hedge fund has never produced audited proof of their stated returns.

Cramer, Berkowitz, & Co. invested heavily in Zubaz at the peak of its popularity in 1992. Unfortunately the timing of purchase couldn't have been worse, as the popularity of the "tiger striped" pants declined rapidly. Cramer, Berkowitz, & Co. lost untold amounts of capital.
Very simple question: Does the show provide any sort of actual total return information, based on his recommendations? W/O that, there is no reason to take his financial advice seriously, as they don't. End of story for me.

Entertainment? Not for me, but to each his own. Financial advice - Stick with the Ouija Board.

-ERD50

Back
Top Bottom