did not receive dividends from SCHD

ER_Hopeful

Recycles dryer sheets
I have some SCHD in two accts with Fidelity, one is a rollover IRA the other is a 401k brokerage acct. purchased the shares in both accts back in early 06/2023.

The one under the 401k, I got dividend payout 3 times this year but the one under IRA got none.

any idea? who should I contact about this? Fidelity or Schwab ?

Did you check and make sure the dividends for the SCHD didn't end up in your core / settlement account?

Call Fidelity.

Last edited:
my bad. searched activities, they went to my cash. just realized I did not select reinvest.

Maybe you should state why you don’t recommend it.

These are both in tax deferred accounts.

I receive my SCHD Div on the Fidelity platform last week..........it is a computer thing so you just have to navigate on their platform and or call customer service........they are great and can guide you where to find it.

The reason for not choosing automatic reinvestment of distributions is to to allow you to decide WHICH of possibly several investments in your portfolio you want all of your distributions to go into.

And if you are tax loss harvesting, it's better not to auto reinvest into a fund you just sold.

And depending on what the market is doing, you may prefer to use a limit order to set a buy price below current market price.

But not everyone is actively engaged in monitoring their investments. For those folks, auto reinvest is okay...

Last edited:
The reason for not choosing automatic reinvestment of distributions is to to allow you to decide WHICH of possibly several investments in your portfolio you want all of your distributions to go into.

And if you are tax loss harvesting, it's better not to auto reinvest into a fund you just sold.

And depending on what the market is doing, you may prefer to use a limit order to set a buy price below current market price. You can always sell a dividend- it’s free now.

But not everyone is actively engaged in monitoring their investments. For those folks, auto reinvest is okay...
Some drips give you a reinvestment discount. I get 5% off market price for my CEFs. You bet I reinvest dividends. You can always sell a dividend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom