Dish Network, free 2nd site with Dish Anywhere app.

wolf

Full time employment: Posting here.
Anyone Understand this. Sounds to good to be true.

Read in Newspaper. Have Dish Network at personal Residence.
Have 2nd vacation house. With Internet.

You purchase, Amazon Fire TV Stick, add Dish Anywhere app, and now you can access Direct TV, without having to purchase a 2nd Dish antenna. (along with a second subscription bill to go with it).

Tried investigating this, but kinda of confusing. ?:)

Probably a typo, but you can't access Direct TV thru Dish. I assume you just meant you could access Dish at two places on one account, one satellite Dish.

I tried Dish Anywhere as a way to access Dish from my Kindle on my screen porch or other places I didn't have a connected TV. It didn't work very well. I can't remember my exact issues, but I gave up. Some of it was switching between Dish Anywhere and watching Dish on my TV, which you wouldn't face as much if you're in one place or the other.

One thing to bear in mind is that you have to have decent upload stream where you have your Dish receiver. Cable is usually a lot faster down than up. Fiber is usually the same speed up or down, so it would work better. Obviously you will need high speed internet at both places.

Do you have Dish now? You can probably try it out at the one place.

I'd be more inclined to see which streaming services you can use at both places. With YouTube TV you are limited on the # of address changes per year. I don't know if that's just for locals, or for all programming.

I had a friend that did a similar thing years ago. Installed Dish unit 1 in her vacation home and the installer then drove to 2nd home in the city 100miles away or so and installed dish unit #2. Her husband lived during the week at the 2nd home home since he was still working. She paid one bill for 2 pieces of equipment and this was suggested by the local dish sales/installer that she talked to. This was early 2000's so there was no apps at the time and I don't think they even had internet in one of the homes.

Oh yeah, I had two places for a while (mid-2000s), and moved around seasonally (about every 3 months). When I first moved, I called and said I was moving and got (IIRC) free install at the 2nd home. After returning to the first home, I called and said I had moved and the new place had a Dish, and just needed activation there. I took my receiver back and forth. They either didn't care about what I was doing or didn't figure it out. But that was for service at one place at a time. Maybe I should've called to see what they'd do to make it easier, but I always drove so taking the receiver wasn't an issue.

That sound about right from what I recall, I think you can only stream on one device at a time from each Dish receiver. You are pulling the Dish programming from your home Dish receiver to your Fire Stick so would need to make sure you have decent upload capacity on your home network connection.

Anyone Understand this. Sounds to good to be true.

Read in Newspaper. Have Dish Network at personal Residence.
Have 2nd vacation house. With Internet.

You purchase, Amazon Fire TV Stick, add Dish Anywhere app, and now you can access Direct TV, without having to purchase a 2nd Dish antenna. (along with a second subscription bill to go with it).

Tried investigating this, but kinda of confusing. ?:)

No, not too good to be true assuming that above you really mean access Dish TV rather than Direct TV.

We have Dish and I can use my Dish credentials to view tv while in Florida. I use Dish Anywhere and it seems to work fine for me... I run it on my laptop and plug the laptop into the TV as a big monitor. The other option would be to use the Fitzy TV app on the Fire TV Stick with your Dish credentials.

If you can install a second antenna at that second location that would be a better way to go... we did that for about 6 years. I paid the installer separately to install a dish at our second property and we used one of the boxes from the 4 bedrooms I was entitled to... so I had 3 bedrooms at home and the 4th bedroom was 25 miles away. YMMV.

We too have Dish TV at home, and don't have any TV service at our lake house--or internet.

Dish TV has a RV plan where you can buy a dish and two receivers and only pay for the months you use the service. In the winter months where we are not at our lake house, we'd not subscribe to any Dish tv service.

As much as our local cable gets for internet service, we can do without it.

Back
Top Bottom