dividend difference between 3 fund and my fidelity funds

f35phixer

Full time employment: Posting here.
i had posted on Boglehead and got looks be only one reply.

Using portfolio visualizer, my portfolio showed $64,836 for the total year dividends. Using AA of 48 Stocks, 9 INT and 43 Bonds. Actual was $71,913. for an 18.55% performance. Did a year starting Feb. to Dec, had 71K standing around in Jan that I had put back in early Feb.
Then did a 3 fund using FSKAX, FTIHX and FXNAX with same AA allocations. This portfolio showed it would have produced $15,549 and 13.74% performance. Feb to Dec.

I have high ER funds 0.69% 0.52% 0.80% 0.45% 0.06% 1.16%.

Anyone explain this ?

then updated to pretend to roll TSP into Fidelity.

i played with moving TSP over now that i have retired, pretended that i had retired Nov 2019 and used Feb 2020 TSP totals for comparison of everything in Fidelity with same AA. Visualizer showed $127,976 with 18.12% performance.

Three fund I just used 40% FSKAX, 10% FTIHX and 50% FXNAX gave 12.67% and $33,348

Someone with tolerance, having good pensions and nice SS at FRA why would I use 3 fund. This is really for DD and DGK's....

I look at total return and not just the dividend yield. Check AT&T last year- 7% dividend and down 24% for 2020. Great dividend and poor total return. Dividends are really just forced sale of assets at the companies discretion instead of yours. Your results are for one year so it is hard to make a decision based on a year.

I look at total return and not just the dividend yield. Check AT&T last year- 7% dividend and down 24% for 2020. Great dividend and poor total return. Dividends are really just forced sale of assets at the companies discretion instead of yours. Your results are for one year so it is hard to make a decision based on a year.

Pretty much everybody who buys ATT does so for the dividend. It's a place to put your bond money, or cash that would earn nothing. It's not part of your equity money so you don't care about the price so long as the dividend is safe. You don't plan to ever sell. Now, I'm not saying that's the right way to go, but that's how most people view ATT.

Back
Top Bottom