Do you have an amazing view - can I see?

View down the road from our front porch.

Beautiful!!
Was that moon picture from last night? I was at the ranch and just coming home at dark and the orange moon was just peeking over the bluffs. I was just beautiful and thought about turning around to get a picture.

Beautiful!!
Was that moon picture from last night? I was at the ranch and just coming home at dark and the orange moon was just peeking over the bluffs. I was just beautiful and thought about turning around to get a picture.

Yes, that is a great picture!

Our moon last night was simply stunning. No idea how to get a good pic of it (wouldn't look like much - just a full moon) but it lit the whole valley almost like daylight! It was magical.

Heh, heh, some mainlander once asked me if we can see the moon from Oahu.:facepalm: I just sort of swallowed a couple of times and answered "yes, we see the moon and it is lovely." Sort of reminded me of the only cruise I ever took. At the Q&A/orientation first day on the ship, someone asked if the crew stayed on board every night. You can't make this stuff up!:LOL: Returning you now....

Heh, heh, some mainlander once asked me if we can see the moon from Oahu.:facepalm: I just sort of swallowed a couple of times and answered "yes, we see the moon and it is lovely." Sort of reminded me of the only cruise I ever took. At the Q&A/orientation first day on the ship, someone asked if the crew stayed on board every night. You can't make this stuff up!:LOL: Returning you now....

Heck, some people think Hawaii is another country, where the natives wear hula skirts.

3e457d315bce8e944e40f975e4c8b2c7.jpg

DW and I closed on a condo in Bradenton, FL about two weeks ago. Below is our view from the Lanai. Overlooking the #4 green behind the palm.

Attachments

• 82881264-6A8A-4F4F-80C0-77DE50DC1A67.jpg
    82881264-6A8A-4F4F-80C0-77DE50DC1A67.jpg
    641.1 KB · Views: 52
Yes, that is a great picture!

Our moon last night was simply stunning. No idea how to get a good pic of it (wouldn't look like much - just a full moon) but it lit the whole valley almost like daylight! It was magical.

You noticed it also and yes it was magical.

Folks here have some fantastic views, I’ve enjoyed browsing them this drizzly morning.

View from our driveway just now. Not spectacular but the cliffs are the start of the North Yorkshire National Park and are just a 45 minute walk from the house up through the woods. Also attached is view from the cliffs looking back onto the town.

Alan, is N. Yorkshire one of best kept secrets in England, away from the crowds? Trying to get the wife to visit your area.

Many people are surprised to learn what is the composition of North America
North America

Yeah, definition or not, Hawaii would be better defined in terms of the orient than "America." It's more of a cultural than geographical distinction but YMMV.

723C2129-F4F8-437D-B870-75AB843E7B1E.jpgThis is the view from my recovery room(AKA bedroom) as I lay here after bunion surgery.

The front yard this time of year a few years back. Same sightings every year, but haven’t seen one this big in the front yard yet this year.

Attachments

• 94DF8200-3335-4BDC-9C8C-718182EA288C.jpg
    94DF8200-3335-4BDC-9C8C-718182EA288C.jpg
    492.6 KB · Views: 38
Except for that small matter of Hawaii being in the North Pacific....
Yes it is at the same latitude as Puerto Vallarta. The main difference is the seasonal effect of The Sierra Madre making PV have more seasons.

Also the ability to drive for both personal and supplies.

Details, details!:LOL: Coming from the frozen tundra of the midwest, Hawaii IS the "south seas" to me. YMMV

I was once walking on South Point of the Big Island, right around the summer solstice. There was something bothering me, but I couldn't put my finger on it. We were walking east, but my subconcious was yelling at me that something was wrong.

I then realized that my shadow was on the "wrong side" of me. :facepalm: I was below the Tropic of Cancer, after all, but this was a new experience for me.

Perhaps we should say YLMV (Your latitude may vary.)

Back
Top Bottom