Inspection Camera for iPhone Viewing

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I didn't want to hijack the thread on plumbing issue but was intrigued by the inspection camera that can be bought and used for viewing from an iPhone.

Okay, I hoping to get some feedback of what brand, how well can you see with them and will they work in sewer/water lines etc.

Any experience or knowledge of their performance and useability would be much appreciated.

I have used Klein tools for years and the brand has never let me down. Last year I bought one of their Android borescopes and used it very successfully to figure out clogging in a sharp bend in a drain line. I see on their web site that the have a iPhone app too.

I got one from Amazon, it was about $30.

I felt that since I would rarely use it, that was enough cost. The kind that are a camera and cable seem fine and use the great resolution of the phone, instead of duplicating the screen on some device. They are also low cost to produce.

I got one from Amazon, it was about $30.

I felt that since I would rarely use it, that was enough cost. The kind that are a camera and cable seem fine and use the great resolution of the phone, instead of duplicating the screen on some device. They are also low cost to produce.

Are they submersible and have you used it in water lines or sewer lines etc.?

Are they submersible and have you used it in water lines or sewer lines etc.?

Some are waterproof, there are some that are only for looking in walls.
I stuck mine in the toilet through the water to take a look to see if there was something clogging due to poor flushing. Then I wiped it with rubbing alcohol to make it clean.

I did screw on the protective lens cover it came with, they often come with a few accessories.

Read the reviews to get an idea, one thing I realized was I wanted a stiff wire, ones that are too flexible droop when going through a pipe (according to reviews).
I haven't stuck mine in the sewer pipe yet.

I have this one and it works fine with iphone.

Wireless Endoscope, NIDAGE 5.5mm 2MP WiFi Borescope 1080P HD Semi-Rigid Snake Camera for iPhone Android, Tablet, Motor Engine Sewer Pipe Vehicle Inspection Camera(11.5FT)

If 11ft is too short for you, there is a related one on Amazon for 10 bucks more (i.e $39) that has a 33ft long tether. I will say that the further you need to go, the harder it gets to keep the camera from getting snagged up in something or folding back on itself, but with some practice, this works surprisingly well.

Yes, these are water proof

Last edited:
One of the reasons I love this board is that I can find out about stuff like this. Thanks, everyone.

Back
Top Bottom