Double Nickels (for a birthday girl :) )

Happy Birthday, Purron. I too turned 55 this year and was born in 1955. Double nickels, I like it. And from one cat to another, meow.

Happy Birthday! DH and I are both from 1955, too. So is our house, not sure if that's good or not.

I've embraced 55 without any problems. Turning 50, that one hit me hard. I just couldn't accept it. Never had a birthday hit me like that one before. At 55 I'm happy when I get up in the morning and nothing hurts. And with DH being newly retired we're looking at 55 in a whole new light. It's good to be 55!

In my head I really only feel like 44-46.

What a difference a year makes...

Attachments

• 1954_Chevy.jpg
    1954_Chevy.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 1955chevy.jpg
    1955chevy.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 2
Oh yes -those strange, inflatable-looking mid-50's cars! With no seat belts or kiddie car seats. It's a wonder anyone lived to grow up!

Amethyst

Check this out. Makes me feel as old as dirt :blink:

It was a great year, because I FIREd a few months after I turned 55. Initially it was simply an ordinary layoff when the place I w*rked at was bought and downsized, but after a month or two I realized that I really just wasn't interested in getting another job, so I decided to relax and enjoy life.

Of course, that was only possible due to some good planning as a young whippersnapper, but I believe 55 is a great age to be, and vastly underappreciated. Enjoy!!!

Even though I'm now 56, I still think I'm 55. Must have something to do with my 15-year-long countdown to my 55th, when I FIREd.

May all you "kids" live long and prosper

Back
Top Bottom