Dow 30,000

Blue531

Recycles dryer sheets
Am hoping the Dow Jones Industrial Average hits 30,000 by the end of 2020. The market has been going sideways for over a year and a half now. Can't wait to see it happen!

Many of us here hope that happens.... If not for CV19, I'm pretty sure we'd be there by now... However, IMO, it's now a 50/50 chance.

DJIA should be closer to if not below 20,000 at this time - with or without Covid situation.

Am hoping the Dow Jones Industrial Average hits 30,000 by the end of 2020. The market has been going sideways for over a year and a half now. Can't wait to see it happen!
When the DJIA hits 30,000 it will be awfully hard for me to suppress that "W***" word! Perhaps I will yell it so loud as to be heard from sea to shining sea.
:dance::D :dance:
I am already utterly thrilled with how the market has been doing lately. I remember when the Dow was in the 300's, back in the early 1950's.

VTSAX (Vanguard Total Stock Market) is up 26% (including dividends) over the past year and a half. Not sideways to me.

Hell, I hope it hits 35,000. And hope it doesn't hit 20,000. Olympus! Are you listening?

... The market has been going sideways for over a year and a half now. ...
I'm not sure I'd agree with that statement but generally speaking I have always liked sideways periods. Periods of calm, IMO, tend to indicate that market pricing is not wacky. I don't particularly enjoy Wacky as he usually ends up leading a bear into the tent.

Last edited:
When the DJIA hits 30,000 it will be awfully hard for me to suppress that "W***" word! Perhaps I will yell it so loud as to be heard from sea to shining sea.
:dance::D :dance:
I am already utterly thrilled with how the market has been doing lately. I remember when the Dow was in the 300's, back in the early 1950's.

Oh no! She’s at it again!! :eek:

Today I found myself wondering, "What is causing this 'Wheee"?"

(It only counts when W2R says it).

Deleted! There was a delay somewhere.

A search of "Wheee" on the Web found me this.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with a bit of uneasiness. Something just doesn't feel right. Like driving along a beautiful wooded country road, listening to Tom Petty and a deer jumps in front of me.

Don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled with a bit of uneasiness. Something just doesn't feel right. Like driving along a beautiful wooded country road, listening to Tom Petty and a deer jumps in front of me.

Something doesn't feel right? Have you seen this video?

DJIA should be closer to if not below 20,000 at this time - with or without Covid situation.

True and I'm surprised with all that has happened etc.. we are where we are at.
I'm not sure I'd agree with that statement but generally speaking I have always liked sideways periods. Periods of calm, IMO, tend to indicate that market pricing is not wacky. I don't particularly enjoy Wacky as he usually ends up leading a bear into the tent.

I like that way of thinking. I beleive that side ways tells us just the way you described it.

Cape 10 is 31.58, so getting back to the pre Covid heights.

Today I found myself wondering, "What is causing this 'Wheee"?"

(It only counts when W2R says it).

Not even a W2R Wheee can slow this market down. Covid, riots, hurricanes, asteroids, space aliens first contact, sun ceasing to shine, black hole swallowing earth, taking the red pill and realizing we’re in the matrix, or discovering Sandra Bullock has a mad crush on me. Nothing. Literally nothing can seemingly stop this market.

So the plane is the DOW and the Green Giant is the Coronavirus in 2 years?

I guess we can think of it that way, although the silly video was posted on Youtube 4 years ago before all this virus mess.

I happened to run across it, then read your post talking about running into unexpected things in life. So, there's a connection there. :)

Cape 10 is 31.58, so getting back to the pre Covid heights.

The P has regained to its prior value, but the E has yet to be updated to reflect the current economic condition.

I looked and found this chart showing things were going great, i.e. the E was climbing, until this horrible virus hit.

PS. OOPS! The chart is old. Lemme go find a more current one.

The following chart was published in Nov 2019, and it showed what the expectation was for 2020 before the pandemic.

saupload_forecasts-SP500-ttm-eps-201409-thru-202012.png

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom