Dow over 28,000!

Al - your post was funny :LOL:

I am so glad that I haven't checked my balances in a few days. If this turns into an extended downturn, I guess I will have to look at them at some point. I was actually a millionaire for a few weeks. It was a nice feeling. I hope to have it back some day!

Before the last week, I was within my AA range in my Rollover IRA, just slightly stock-heavy. Now, I am still within my AA range in my Rollover IRA, this time slightly bond-heavy. I would need a bigger stock dip (assuming the bond side doesn't dip with it) to make a rebalancing move.

Just for fun, I took a screen shot of my 401k summary page on Monday, which I think shows the closing on the previous Friday (the 21st). I had a feeling that might be my highest score for a while.

Oddly, part of me is rooting for a significant correction. Going up so far for so long sort of makes me nervous. It's like having good weather in New England. You can never really enjoy it, always waiting for the other shoe to drop.

I put in a 60-day limit order for 200 shares of VTI @ $145. That's 16% off from its recent high. Maybe wishful thinking, maybe not.

I put in a 60-day limit order for 200 shares of VTI @ $145. That's 16% off from its recent high. Maybe wishful thinking, maybe not.

Might be there in 3 days ...

DW just picked up a bunch vti, as she had an order in for 10% less than some price a month ago or so.. So got some at $154.xx

This correction is testing everyone's AA. I think mine is in line with my risk tolerance but we could enter bear territory soon if we don't get some good news on this coronavirus outbreak.

Might be there in 3 days ...

DW just picked up a bunch vti, as she had an order in for 10% less than some price a month ago or so.. So got some at $154.xx

I think likely to see that tomorrow, trading at 149 in the aftermarket, however Cramer says the bottom is in, everything is cheap, vaccine will come and all will be forgotten and this is a great buying opportunity and reccomends Adobe, ETSY, Moderna, NVIDIA,RingCentral,Shopify, SQUARE,teladoc,thetradedesk,zoom. Cramer says buy, buy, buy!!!!

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was another sell off tomorrow. It’s a Friday. Who wants own stocks going into the weekend with this much uncertainty?

I wouldn’t be surprised if there was another sell off tomorrow. It’s a Friday. Who wants own stocks going into the weekend with this much uncertainty?

If there is a sell-off tomorrow, what will Monday look like with a weekend full of dread?

I agree that the markets are going to be very wary of news over the weekend, so a big Friday rally seems unlikely.

Funny, I am just sitting down to log in to Vanguard and move about $25K from MM to Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX). While it's a fairly small % of my overall portfolio, it is certainly not the easiest trade decision I've ever made. The market may sink further in the coming weeks, but this money can sit in VTSAX for 5+ years before I would need to access.
Look at it this way, I am doing my small part in stabilizing the market. You're welcome:D

Funny, I am just sitting down to log in to Vanguard and move about $25K from MM to Vanguard Total Stock Market Index Fund (VTSAX). While it's a fairly small % of my overall portfolio, it is certainly not the easiest trade decision I've ever made. The market may sink further in the coming weeks, but this money can sit in VTSAX for 5+ years before I would need to access.
Look at it this way, I am doing my small part in stabilizing the market. You're welcome:D

When you do that after the trading hours and vtsax being a mutual fund do you get today's closing price or tomorrow's closing price?

I think likely to see that tomorrow, trading at 149 in the aftermarket, however Cramer says the bottom is in, everything is cheap, vaccine will come and all will be forgotten and this is a great buying opportunity and reccomends Adobe, ETSY, Moderna, NVIDIA,RingCentral,Shopify, SQUARE,teladoc,thetradedesk,zoom. Cramer says buy, buy, buy!!!!

If so, I'd be happy buying low for a change...and then with my luck's track record it'll sink even further :popcorn:

When you do that after the trading hours and vtsax being a mutual fund do you get today's closing price or tomorrow's closing price?

Tomorrow’s price at the close. We had a poster that bought Sunday afternoon ahead of Monday’s drop even though the pre-market was forecasting a drop on the open. That is the case today as well and I am not brave enough to ignore this signal. Anything could happen before the close tomorrow but for now I’ll be just watching.

Stock futures point to more losses after Thursday's massive tumble amid coronavirus fears https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/dow...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Tomorrow’s price at the close. We had a poster that bought Sunday afternoon ahead of Monday’s drop even though the pre-market was forecasting a drop on the open. That is the case today as well and I am not brave enough to ignore this signal. Anything could happen before the close tomorrow but for now I’ll be just watching.

Stock futures point to more losses after Thursday's massive tumble amid coronavirus fears https://www.cnbc.com/2020/02/27/dow...are|com.apple.UIKit.activity.CopyToPasteboard

Thanks! that's what I was thinking too.

I believe VTSAX purchased as an ETF provide real-time pricing, so you can see their prices change throughout the trading day. A mutual fund isn't priced until the trading day is over, so you don't know your price until after you've place your trade. This information comes directly from the Vanguard website.

Much appreciated!

Tomorrow could be a good day to buy. If markets drop tomorrow and there’s no bad news over the weekend, there’s a chance there will be a bounce next week. But I still think we’ll drop more. I find it hard to believe the markets won’t drop once we have a confirmed larger outbreak in the US.

Gee. we had buy orders in for VTI at 5 and 10% off a 52 week high. The 5% filled yesterday and the 10% filled today. And both days VTI ended up lower than our buy points. Next buy point order is aways away, but still higher than the price when VTI was on sale around Christmas 2018. Cash sat in Vanguard for over a year waiting for another blue light special. Our healthy purchases last two days kept our total stock holdings up - we're only $25,500 below our all time high 8 days ago. Gal is calling me a farmer - like the one that won a million $ lotto and when asked what he would do with the money said he'd keep farming till the money ran out.

Rebalancing

Despite selling 80k in stock funds to skim off gains in January, a week ago Thursday I was considering selling another 2-3 % to get the stock allocation down to 55.
I didn't have to do a thing! (But another week like this and I might be rebuying stocks).

WKOYJ3WBGKOFFAHYQNVUKOJPYU.jpg
LoL [emoji1787]

Back
Top Bottom