Dr Life's Book

"Dr. Love" is Haha's nickname.

And he makes house calls!

Al, I knew there was a Love side to Ha when I read his post about his dancing with women and getting turned on by the smell of their hair. I definitely think you hit on something here, as the making house calls could be a good way to supplement his ER income stream:D:D

I think I have been talking about someone else cuz I just looked at the link in the op post and it wasn't what I was thinking it was, it wasn't the picture I have in my mind. I agree this photo is not way over the top. I looked at something and thought it was this guy but clearly it is not. The fellow I have been talking about makes this fellow look normal! Now I see why so I'm getting flak about my remarks! :flowers:

I think I have been talking about someone else cuz I just looked at the link in the op post and it wasn't what I was thinking it was, it wasn't the picture I have in my mind. I agree this photo is not way over the top. I looked at something and thought it was this guy but clearly it is not. The fellow I have been talking about makes this fellow look normal! Now I see why so I'm getting flak about my remarks! :flowers:

Veremchuka,

No harm/no foul, debate is what makes this site interesting.

This guy:

polls_big_muscles_xlarge.jpeg

Or

huge_muscles.jpg

Attachments

• ernestine.jpg
    ernestine.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 7
Yowza. Those pics T-Al posted are creepy. Here's a body builder I think looks pretty good. 74 years old.

Here's a story about her that was recently featured in the Washington Post Magazine:

[URL]http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/magazine/six-pack-abs-at-age-74-age-is-nothing-but-a-number-says-guinness-world-records-oldest-competitive-female-bodybuilder/2011/03/16/AG5lGvCH_story.html[/URL]
Body building is a bit further into narcissism than I have the energy and focus to go. But she is really cute, and I can see that Dr. Life is way way better looking than almost any other older man.

Even for the much less rigorous traing that I do, it is work and these exercises to failure can keep you pretty much sore all the time.

The body builders that I see around the gym seem to be there almost every day. And man, some of these gym-rat women are pretty powerful looking.

Watch what this member of the "weaker sex" can do.
YouTube - ‪Overhead Squat - Bodyweight x 15 reps‬‏

Ha

Body building is a bit further into narcissism than I have the energy and focus to go.

Yeah, me too.

Watch what this member of the "weaker sex" can do.

Ha

Noticed you put the "weaker sex" in quotes. I know you realize how powerful women can be. Just look at Nord's daughter. I wouldn't challenge her to an arm wrestling contest anytime soon;)

Yeah, me too.

Noticed you put the "weaker sex" in quotes. I know you realize how powerful women can be. Just looks at Nord's daughter. I wouldn't challenge her to an arm wrestling contest anytime soon;)
Oh yeah, I am not all confused about how strong women can be. And they are not necessarily big tough looking women either- what this slim good looking young woman in the video does is off the charts difficult.

Always a good idea to keep checking one's suppositions against reality, because they can get out of synch and when that happens it is not reality that needs to move. :)

Ha

The reality of getting old, when the 5'2" 110 lb gal in the gym can kick your....

Dr. Life is one of the "apostles" of Cenegenics. About a quarter of Cenegenics patients are doctors. Only the very wealthy can afford it. About a third of their patients get treated with various hormones including DHEA, testosterone, HGH and HCG.

The HGH is potentially risky as it raises IGF-1 levels, which some experts believe could increase cancer risk. Other than that, it's seems pretty solid as it is run by leading physicians using the latest research. The catch is the price...

Oh for sure, this never could go wrong! :)

Ha

Physicians usually get themselves into trouble with pharmaceuticals, i.e. every drug out there now is rife with side effects. This is where Western medicine has failed so freqenetly.

However, what Cenegenics is doing is really a little different since they are not going the drug route (from what I have read) but rely on exercise, diet, lite supplementation and HRT. Essentially you're getting a very expensive health coach and you're highly motivated because you've paid thousands.

But you're right: there are certainly points of controversy. They just had a study come out - and this contradicts earlier ones - that men with the highest testosterone levels had increased heart attack risk. If correct, then if Cenegenics overcompensates - and Jeffrey Life looks like he's pushing the limits of supraphysiological ranges - then it could potentially be trouble.

Time will tell...

Dr. Life doesn't really sell any products that I know of except his book and I think a telomerase-effecting product. Remember: Cenegenics made Dr. Life and not the other way around.

Essentially, Cenegenics is a Spa for Males. It's somewhat the equivalent of a woman going to a Spa for a Botox Party, etc. Well, that's not totally true: the basic Cenegenics lifestyle will definitely improve the health of most guys, especially those who would go to it. In other words, this changes internals as well as externals.

These things always make me think of the late actor Robert Cummings, popular in the 1940s and 50s. He became so identified with (and afraid of losing) his youthful image that he turned into a health fanatic. I remember reading about his taking 70 or 80 vitamin pills every day, on an hourly schedule almost to the exclusion of other activity. I suppose that was as close as he could get to the Cenegenics routine at that time.

I'm also reminded of Ray Kurzweil, the current guru of "the singularity" who believes he will live forever thanks to the medical advances that are just around the corner (and probably always will be). Kurzweil makes Cummings look like a piker, as he reportedly takes over 200 vitamins and supplements a day, and even has a staff member who organizes them for him. He also spends one day a week at a clinic for intravenous supplementation (maybe even Cenegenics, for all I know).

I think it's great that folks like these have such options, but personally I feel they have gone off the deep end.

I think it's great that folks like these have such options, but personally I feel they have gone off the deep end.
Me too; they sound insane.

I am reading War and Peace. I so admire the fearless way these soldiers and officers face a high probability of death. Their thoughts are mostly to acquitting themselves well in their roles, not necessarily about living a long time or even another hour.

Ha

These things always make me think of the late actor Robert Cummings, popular in the 1940s and 50s. He became so identified with (and afraid of losing) his youthful image that he turned into a health fanatic. I remember reading about his taking 70 or 80 vitamin pills every day, on an hourly schedule almost to the exclusion of other activity. I suppose that was as close as he could get to the Cenegenics routine at that time.

I'm also reminded of Ray Kurzweil, the current guru of "the singularity" who believes he will live forever thanks to the medical advances that are just around the corner (and probably always will be). Kurzweil makes Cummings look like a piker, as he reportedly takes over 200 vitamins and supplements a day, and even has a staff member who organizes them for him. He also spends one day a week at a clinic for intravenous supplementation (maybe even Cenegenics, for all I know).

I'm familiar with Kurzweil and I think that the ultimate irony is that there are cultures (Okinawa, Hunza, Villacamba, Abkhasians - see John Robbins book) where it is very common to live into the 90's and even 100's. These cultures have almost no heart disease, cancer, Alzheimer's, dementia or autoimmune disorders. Their secret? Low medium calories, LOTS of exercise and a plant-based, whole food diet (along with low stress, plenty of sleep, solid social structures, etc.)

And I know it's hard to believe, but they take NO supplements!

Again, though, I think it is so strange that someone would take 200 pills when the mystery of good health has already been discovered by a dozen or so other cultures around the globe...

Whisper9999 said:
Dr. Life is one of the "apostles" of Cenegenics. About a quarter of Cenegenics patients are doctors. Only the very wealthy can afford it. About a third of their patients get treated with various hormones including DHEA, testosterone, HGH and HCG.

The HGH is potentially risky as it raises IGF-1 levels, which some experts believe could increase cancer risk. Other than that, it's seems pretty solid as it is run by leading physicians using the latest research. The catch is the price...

60 minutes featured Cenegenics several years ago, and was rebroadcast a couple weeks ago on MSNBC. They interviewed the founder, I believe, a Dr. Allen Mintz. He did use the growth hormones and was a physical specimen. Died a couple years later in 2007 at age 69 of brain hemorrhage if memory serves me.

60 minutes featured Cenegenics several years ago, and was rebroadcast a couple weeks ago on MSNBC. They interviewed the founder, I believe, a Dr. Allen Mintz. He did use the growth hormones and was a physical specimen. Died a couple years later in 2007 at age 69 of brain hemorrhage if memory serves me.

Yeah, there's some weird anecdotal stories in the health and aging field: Euell Gibbons dying of stomach cancer and Roy Wolford dying at 79.

However, what Cenegenics is doing is really a little different since they are not going the drug route (from what I have read) but rely on exercise, diet, lite supplementation and HRT. Essentially you're getting a very expensive health coach and you're highly motivated because you've paid thousands.

Just buy the book, much cheaper than going the Cenegenics route. The book does not contain much detail on HRT (so ignore it unless you want to discuss/explore with your PCP), but the exercise, nutrition and other misc advice seems very solid to me and worth the purchase price.

TromboneAl said:
Here's a guy who looks impossibly fit for someone who's 84 years old.

http://www.bobdelmonteque.com/

Unbelievable. I am impressed, he would definitely whip me in I fight. I would have to carry a picture around to explain how an 84 yr. old man almost twice my age kicked my butt!

Back
Top Bottom