eFile acceptance - IRS bogged down...

I e-filed Fed and State on 2/15/21 and both were accepted within hours.

Fed refund will be deposited tomorrow. No update on state refund yet.

I e-filed Fed and State on 2/15/21 and both were accepted within hours.

Fed refund will be deposited tomorrow. No update on state refund yet.
The problem was with Form 1116, if you don’t use it you shouldn’t have any issues...

My son got a confirmation almost immediately. Tax Act.

I brought our documents to the CPA last week but haven’t even heard back as of yet. Last year he did ours in like one day. I guess this year he must be busier.

FEDERAL Tax only - Turbo Tax Deluxe

I E-filed on Friday, Feb. 12th, I was notified Sat. Feb. 13th @ 6:33 am via Text Msg that it was accepted. I found my tax return in my bank account today, Feb. 23.

I'll mail my state tax in, coz "I Owe, I Owe, so it's off to spend I go" :dance:

I filed paper early, sent it in the mail in late January. Just last week when I used their "Where's my refund" page, it said they hadn't received my return yet, so I was a bit worried because I got a corrected 1099R (for payer id number). Today the refund posted to my account. Woohoo!

FEDERAL Tax only - Turbo Tax Deluxe

I E-filed on Friday, Feb. 12th, I was notified Sat. Feb. 13th @ 6:33 am via Text Msg that it was accepted. I found my tax return in my bank account today, Feb. 23.

I e-filed on the 12th using H&R Block software. It was accepted that day. Refund showed up today.

I had coincidentally last night (late) check the IRS site on refund status and it said the return had been received but was still processing. So I was surprised a few hours later to see the refund was received.

I e filed on Sunday through the H&R Block software and it was accepted within hours.

It's not even March yet. I haven't loaded the disk. Maybe next week.

I e-filed on the 12th using H&R Block software. It was accepted that day. Refund showed up today.

I had coincidentally last night (late) check the IRS site on refund status and it said the return had been received but was still processing. So I was surprised a few hours later to see the refund was received.

The where's my refund tool is notoriously out of date. My return deposited in my bank this morning, but the tool still has me "Return Received". It probably wont change for days.

I completed our business taxes and issued 1099MISC for our 6 independent contractors in January.

I then e-filed our federal personal tax on 13 Feb because COVID19 kept me at home.

Today, 23 Feb, I was surprised that the IRS direct deposit my tax refund!

Last year it took 3 weeks for my IRS direct deposit but I filed on 28 Feb.

I brought our documents to the CPA last week but haven’t even heard back as of yet. Last year he did ours in like one day. I guess this year he must be busier.

With all of the tax law changes and personal financial challenges in 2020, both induced by coronavirus, I'd bet a lot more people are going to paid preparers this year than most.

Also, the free AARP Foundation Tax Aide program (and if there are others like it) can't serve as many people, again due to the way they have to do things this season. So those people probably will go to paid preparers as well; most wouldn't feel comfortable doing it themselves or with TT or similar.

My Federal return was deposited yesterday. My state took 8 days to accept the efile so no refund from them yet.

I e-filed with TT on February 6. Accepted by IRS on February 11 (1 day ahead of their ‘open for filing’ date). We received our direct deposit refund on the 17th... fastest yet, I believe. Personally, I’m paranoid of identity theft scammers, so I like to file on the early side.

Same as others here. Used my free version of TT Deluxe from Fidelity in first week of Feb and it was auto filed on the 12th, along with my state. Fed refund of $2k was deposited on the 23rd, virtually all of it due to stimulus checks we didn’t get. I was worried about getting anything because I had to file a 1040x for 2018 because I never got a certain form from when I sold my house. First time I ever sold a house for over $500k, and it was a cash sale where the buyers attorney handled the closing financials and apparently never sent me some form. They kicked it back on a computer audit end of last year saying that there records show the sale was income, and I owed them $260k in taxes, interest & penalties!! So her attorney screwed up something and I had to file a 1040x proving it was the sale of my primary residence etc, and not income. IRS is WAY behind on paper filings (which a 2018 1040x has to be paper) and though they showed it received it has not been processed and will not for a few months. IRS often keeps refunds if they show money owed on previous years.

I emailed my deceased mother's return to the IRS at 11.41am this morning and received notice that it had been accepted at 11:45.

Got DM's refund today (about 10 days), which equaled the second stimulus payment, which for some reason did not automatically deposit to her checking account, like her first stimulus payment.

TT confirmed I eFiled at 2:48pm, and the IRS accepted at 3:27. I compared my 2/12 and 2/19 Form 1116 side by side - identical, so nothing apparent. I’ll give them the benefit of the doubt and assume it was something in the transmission coding that I can’t see (if anything). All I know is my return was accepted quickly this time.

I filed my aunt and uncle's return at 3:31pm today and it was accepted at 3:58pm.

I e-filed about an hour ago, and it has already been accepted by IRS.

I guess we'll wait a while. Form 2210 is not ready for filing yet any - TT says it will be updated 2/25.

From reading the Booglehead thread, sounds like the issue is at TT. Or the eFile is not getting to the IRS, but it may be the IRS not accepting from 1116 at the moment, so may take a while to resolve.

We've eFiled form 1116 in most prior years with TT and no problems. Something new popped up this year!
Even though Form 2210 is available now, we noticed a bug in the form 2210AI section and DH reported it. The previous version (before the update) probably also had a bug. It's related to the IRS saying to leave column b blank due to the 7/15 deadline for both Q1 and Q2 estimated tax payments, but that seems to cause any overpayment to not be carried from column a to c. This time we noticed we weren't given full credit for the taxes paid for Q2.

Intuit sent DH a link to here describing a known issue, and he had to sign up to be notified of resolution: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/t...IbVzWg7lQmlJlsmnsMvvzotHnXbwvAtmyKEPpo8PATK7c

I e-filed yesterday, including form 1116, and the return was accepted a couple of hours later.

Our return was accepted the same day that it was efiled, but the Where's My Refund Tool has not shown that it has moved to the next level, "Refund Approved" or "Refund Sent" stage yet. It has only been a week, but we typically receive our refund within a week.

Crazy IRS just sent us a notice about the 2nd stimulus payment that was direct deposited in December. Wanted us to know that we got $1200 three months ago. Um thanks, I guess.

Still waiting on Fed refund, way later than I thought (got state a couple of weeks ago). I guess it has something to do with the 2021 rescue bill which impacted advance payment of ACA subsidies (ours included).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom