End of the world: May 21, 2011

Dec 21 2012 is the other end of the world date. Some suggest it's not the end of the world, but the aliens who help our ancient civilizations build their pyramids will return. There are books on the subject, remember "Chariots of the Gods"?
There is going to be a lot of disappointed people on 12/22/12
TJ

How will we know (Jesus doesn't actually look like the picture you see, that's an artist's interpretation), I assume he'll have walk on water, oh wait, there was a magician already did that?!
TJ

Crap, anyone know of a good apocalypse insurance underwriter? That, along with other "acts of god" are specifically excluded from my current homeowner's policy. The last thing I want haunting me if the world ends as scheduled is a big mortgage debt.

Do you think the price of pet Rapture insurance is going to skyrocket?

Actually this might be a good time to sign on as one of the post-Rapture pet caretakers... I wonder how much it pays...

Isn't that the perfect time to realize that the Christians have been been correct all along and everyone in the world coverts to Christianity and starts behaving as descent human beings? Peace on Earth Forever (except during the political season).

Just think of it..we would finally get answers to all our questions, there would be no more Muslim terrorists, and Bill Maher would have to admit he was wrong.

Does that mean that if HE doesn't return that Christians have to admit that Bill Maher was right:D

My prediction is Jesus will return and will be the top google search hit for a few days, then it will revert back to Paris Hilton.

My prediction is Jesus will return and will be the top google search hit for a few days, then it will revert back to Paris Hilton.

I disagree with you. It will revert to Justin Bieber.

I also predict Adam Lambert will do the theme song. Hey, he was robbed on Idol '09;)

I disagree with you. It will revert to Justin Bieber.

I also predict Adam Lambert will do the theme song. Hey, he was robbed on Idol '09;)

Probably true. Then Jesus will text his father with something like "OMG F THS CRP" and leave. God will miss the text though, because he was in a long line waiting for the new Iphone 5. The world will go on.

Probably true. Then Jesus will text his father with something like "OMG F THS CRP" and leave. God will miss the text though, because he was in a long line waiting for the new Iphone 5. The world will go on.

I'm just hoping the whole thing doesn't play out on Facebook:nonono:

Just watched a documentary on Nostradamus today and he says the world will end or have a huge disturbance on December 21, 2112. I wish they would get it together...

Why is it every time someone says Jesus will show up again, it will be the end of the world?

Isn't that the perfect time to realize that the Christians have been been correct all along and everyone in the world coverts to Christianity and starts behaving as descent human beings? Peace on Earth Forever (except during the political season).

Just think of it..we would finally get answers to all our questions, there would be no more Muslim terrorists, and Bill Maher would have to admit he was wrong.
It's a package deal. In Bible prophecies, the return of Christ, the Judgement, the end of the current world, and (possibly) mass conversions to Christianity are associated with each other. Prophecies about the Rapture, the Antichrist and the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse are also included under this general category. Google "end times", "bible prophecy" or eschatology and you'll probably get more links than you could read in a month of Sundays.

Don't ask which order these events will occur in unless you want to start an argument. Some of the texts are rather ambiguous, and for hundreds of years there have been a variety of opinions about the correct interpretation of the various prophecies. But as Gumby correctly pointed out, the exact date when all this is going to happen is known only to God.

But as Gumby correctly pointed out, the exact date when all this is going to happen is known only to God.

Clearly the Big Guy(s) (or Gal(s)) upstairs could reveal by prophesy the date to a chosen prophet. That seems to be how knowledge was transferred in the past. Maybe these May 21st folks were the chosen ones... Let's bump this thread May 22 and see!

Clearly the Big Guy(s) (or Gal(s)) upstairs could reveal by prophesy the date to a chosen prophet. That seems to be how knowledge was transferred in the past.
Could be the word will be sent out via iPhone - as in "no wakeup call". :)

IPhone alarm fails on New Year

This was probably a test to be sure the system [-]worked[/-] didn't work. :D

Last edited:
Fortunately we still have two 10 gallon plastic thingies of fresh water left over from the Y2K end of the world, so we should be all right.

Adjust your SWR accordingly.
I'd be very interested to find out whether the people behind this prediction have cashed in their retirement funds, since they won't be needing them. Presumably they will be handing out cash to the needy to help make their last 5 months in Mammonworld more comfortable, since when Jesus returns, all bets will be off (literally)...

I'd be very interested to find out whether the people behind this prediction have cashed in their retirement funds, since they won't be needing them. Presumably they will be handing out cash to the needy to help make their last 5 months in Mammonworld more comfortable, since when Jesus returns, all bets will be off (literally)...
I doubt they have anything. They have probably given everything they have to Hey-Zeus already. Doubt if it was much.

Did anyone happen to catch what time on 5/21/11 this will occur?

Dealing with Universal Coordinated Time and the International Date Line could make it pretty confusing. And don't even get me started about Newfoundland.

Did anyone happen to catch what time on 5/21/11 this will occur?

Dealing with Universal Coordinated Time and the International Date Line could make it pretty confusing. And don't even get me started about Newfoundland
Yeah, when religion meets precision, things can get messy. It reminds me of this routine by Dave Allen (the joke is in the first minute; after that it gets a bit too happy-clappy for my taste).

BTW, anybody see the news article about 5000 birds fell from the sky, dead. Anybody know of any Revelations passages that predict that?
TJ

if enough kooks keep tossing out dates sooner or later one of them will be correct. :whistle:

+1

Unless Jesus does a no-panty exit from an automobile...

OFGS!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom