English Language

My dad was born in Pittsburgh, and grew up in Newark, NJ. He said "chawklit" for "chocolate," and "sahsages" for "sausages." We kids found this hilarious.

Visiting down in Illinois' Egypt country, a store clerk put my purchase in a "sack" and told me, "Come back!" My first reaction was, Why, have I forgotten something?

A young woman I knew, worked at a liquor store. She would ask if you wanted a sack. She told me one senior gentleman misheard her asking about a sack thought she asked if he wanted sex. She didn't!

That happened to me years ago as I drove across the USA, she was stunningly beautiful and after she rang everything up she wanted my answer about the sack...... I was impressed !!
Unfortunately, it turned out she was not asking to hop in the sack... :facepalm:

A coworker of sorts from Boston was working in the Midwest temporarily. He came in one morning, and started laughing. "The girl at the grocery store asked me if I wanted the 'pop in the sack?'!! Then I realized she was going to put my soda in a bag!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom