Equal Employment Opportunity Commission

A reorganization at Megacorp is about to clip a 52 year-old friend. They browbeat him into signing a waiver document in return for a severance package.........................

What would be the consequences for the douchebag management anyway?

None.

Does anyone ever go to jail for this sort of behavior,

No.

or does it merely end up with some paperwork plus a trivial fine

Often

and reinstatement of the victim?

No. but possible monetary settlement

Brat is the go to on this forum for these issues.

Great outcome for your friend Mdlerth. A new job is stressful so s/he should concentrate on mastering the new responsibilities. That said it is important to keep at home contact information for important people. Do not forget those relationships. As we sang as kids at camp, "Make new friends but keep the old, one is silver, the other's gold."

I certainly hope all works out. Sorry, but my cynical side says they moved him into a new job for which he will get poor reviews and be fired. The man always wins in the end. I just hope I’m wrong.

I certainly hope all works out. Sorry, but my cynical side says they moved him into a new job for which he will get poor reviews and be fired. The man always wins in the end. I just hope I’m wrong.

Document, document, document! Document EVERYTHING. If he has a sit-down with direct supervision or mgmt. for any reason, document it. If there is any good feedback or negative feedback, document it and document HIS feedback to their feedback. If he takes time to go to the doc, document it - with proof of service. Document any time away - even vacation. Anything he receives from MC in the mail, email, etc., document it. Any conversation about w*rk - document it.

Good buddy back in the old days, did this and was able to thwart an sob who was "after" him. Turned out well for buddy, not so well for sob. As always, YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom