ER Worry Level

Did you worry more BEFORE early retirement or AFTER early retirement?

• Before Early Retirement

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • After Early Retirement

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • Same

Votes: 20 25.0%

• Total voters
There is also an indescribable exhilaration that I'm still experiencing. I feel very fortunate happy and fulfilled that I took the great leap ...

I'm not ERed, but I can relate to the feeling of elation as I walked out of my last job. All the tension in my neck, shoulders, and in between my eye brows just went away. It was like the first day of summer break except more real and more rewarding.

I don't know why work always has to suck. Most of the time, the work itself certainly is not the headache-causing problem. It's just that when you get a bunch of people together, and there is money on the line, you're bound to have egos, turfs battles, and just plain stupidity.

I announced my retirement a couple of months ago due to a payrates cut imposed to save the company money. I am now only working 4 morning a week and still have my benefits and kept my existing hourly rate but at a reduced salary due to the cut in hours. Looking back at the situiation, it was the push that I needed. I will stay with the current work arrangement until things change again. Now I work for myself, my employeer just gets to purchase the excess hours that I elect to sell on the open job market. I can work from home much of the time. Much of the income from my job goes into my 401k. I worried before the ER, however, I sleep very well now.

Back
Top Bottom