Even pirates are into FIRE

Excerpt from the link:

"After being in piracy for eight years, I have decided to renounce and quit, and from today on I will not be involved in this gang activity," Hassan said, speaking in Adado, a central Somalia town known as a pirate haven.​
Here's an enlightened pirate who knows when he has enough assets to retire.

When the job pressure is too great, the working hours get too long, business travel takes one too far away from home, even a job as lucrative as piracy loses its allure.

But what about the loss of status? What will his co workers think of him. He is letting the team down. Does he have enough for a 3% SWR till age 95?

This guy already threw a press conference to announce his decision. No one will be able to talk him out of it. He's quitting for real.

What I am curious about is how he's investing his portfolio, meaning his AA? Probably 100% stock as he likes risk? Or he might turn ultra conservative and does all T-bills?

Maybe 100% gold. Yes, that's it. Throughout history, pirates always do 100% gold and precious stones.

12359997-pirate-treasure-chest-isolated-on-white.jpg

Well gold always goes up in value, right?

He could get into the pirate supply business. Selling parrots, peg legs and eye patches. Safer and still profitable.

Excerpt from the link:
"After being in piracy for eight years, I have decided to renounce and quit, and from today on I will not be involved in this gang activity," Hassan said, speaking in Adado, a central Somalia town known as a pirate haven.​
Here's an enlightened pirate who knows when he has enough assets to retire.

When the job pressure is too great, the working hours get too long, business travel takes one too far away from home, even a job as lucrative as piracy loses its allure.

Bolded part by me. I guess other gang activity is still a go.

And the most important question of all... What Will He Do All Day?

Shimmer me timbers mates, he can bet he didn't buy an annuity and probably went the total market index fund route.

Back
Top Bottom