Everglades Wildlife Photos

Gone4Good

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We spent about a week in the Everglades and had a wonderful time. I just posted about a dozen wildlife photos if anyone is interested here (scroll down a bit for the first pic). The photos can be enlarged by clicking on them, and most benefit from a bigger format.

While there we also saw a Double-crested Cormorant (bird) riding an alligator. Something a veteran Park Ranger of 15 years told us she'd never seen before. Which isn't surprising, because it's not every day you get to see prey ride its predator like a birthday party pony. There's a very short (and somewhat grainy) video below, but it's probably worth the 26 seconds it takes to watch. I added a soundtrack so turn the volume on.

Happy travels,
Brian

YouTube - Everglades National Park.avi

That video is awesome! I looked at a few pics but need more time. What do you shoot with? They are unbelievably sharp! And that spoonbill! I've never seen anything like that!

The video was shot with my little point and click Panasonic camera, because it kind of caught us by surprise. That's why the quality is not so hot.

For the others, I have a Nikon D7000 DSLR.

Here's my favorite shot with it, so far, but I'm accumulating a bunch of pretty good ones. This one was taken from our bedroom window at a campground in the Florida Keys . . . ahhhhh.

margaritaville.jpg

Very nice pictures, and you could start another thread on the investment related advice in the Honeymooners clip!

Very nice pictures, and you could start another thread on the investment related advice in the Honeymooners clip!

I'd go long Jackie Gleason. I suspect he's making more now than he did while alive. I'd gladly trade a crisp $20 (or $169 in today's dollars) for Norton's 35% stake.

Back
Top Bottom