Failed login notification

Ready

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I received an email stating that “ Someone has tried to log into your account on Early Retirement & Financial Independence Community with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.”

I was not trying to log in. This is the first time I’ve seen this message. Does this indicate someone was trying to break in to my account? I can’t seem to find a way to change my password on this site. Where is that located?

I believe it is a phishing e-mail. I have gotten a number of them over time for my Apple account (I do not have one) or other sites.
It normally comes with a link to click on so they can steal your identity.

Changing your password

I am unaware that this site generates messages like that, but I will check with the tech people. In the meantime, here is how you change your password:

1. Go to the user control panel. That is done by clicking in the ribbon across the top of the page, where it says "User CP". That will bring up a new page.

2. Look at the left side of the new page, where it says "Your Control Panel". Go down to the section where it says "Settings and Options" and click on "Edit Email & Password". That will open a new page.

3. Input your current password, then your desired new password and confirm the new password. Click on "Save Changes".

Using my test account I deliberately failed to login 5 times and received the exact same email. The system works.

The e-mail is intentional and is designed to let know know about a possible problem. Accounts are locked for a short period of time when this happens to prevent further attempts.

Back
Top Bottom