Fastest you've ever gone on a BICYCLE

30 and I didn't like it. I don't mind doing 20-25 on flat surfaces but I don't like walking or biking down steep hills. The walking is because I don't trust my knees to give out, the biking is because I always feel like I am going to fall over the handlebars. Ask me next year after I get my recumbent trike. :)

Well, according to the speedometer I hit 35 once. Of course, that was on an exercise bike. :D

On a bike with tires I doubt if I've ever exceeded 30. I'm not much of a bike rider. I have to keep stopping to get that little thing they call a seat out of my crack. :whistle:

Most I've done is 36 downhill and pedaling, not sure I want to go any faster at my age. Always runs through my mind 'if I fall off now...'

I watch the Tour de France every year and see them going 50mph or more down mountain passes and I think 'not me mon frere.'

How fast are you moving when you're in free-fall, somersaulting in the air down a mountainside? 'Cause that's probably close to the fastest I've ever gone while bicycling.

Come to think of it, that doesn't count, since I was separated from my mountain bike at the time.

Ok, so probably only about 35 mph then, on campus when late to class.

55+ something coming down Carson Pass. It's been 10 years, so I don't recall exactly what, but I do remembering marveling, "Wow, I'm going at freeway speeds."

The east side of Carson Pass was freshly repaved that year, so there were no potholes to avoid. It was just a big black ribbon of asphalt.

My GPS records the fastest speed during a trip. I rarely look at my max speed, but once it read 109 mph. Probably a GPS glitch of some sort - my lifetime max is probably around 30-40 mph

I routinely draft cars and trucks going 35 to 40 mph. Once my speedometer reported I was going 89 mph, but it was a wireless cyclometer and I was riding under some transmission power lines.

I am told that if you peddle fast while adjusting your analog watch backwards that you can go the speed of light.

I think I hit 40 mph at times. I had a digital spedometer, but it was 20 years ago and I don't really remember.

Once going at maybe 30-35 mph downhill I got a puncture, but it fortunately wasn't a blowout. I was able to stop without losing control.

Now, the time that I rode into a telephone pole, it was a good thing I wasn't going more than 12 mph...

I too was one of the ones near or just past 60... exhilarating at the time... stupid now... but was going down the million dollar highway from Silverton after climbing up along lime creek road on the bike... so much rattling on the bike when I got near the end near Durango I stood up on the bike only to have my seat leave the bike as the bolt sheared off on the trek down...

Back
Top Bottom