Feeling rich ?

How much money would you need to feel rich ?

Votes: 2 1.5%

Votes: 16 12.3%

Votes: 29 22.3%

Votes: 49 37.7%

Votes: 34 26.2%

• Total voters
Khan said:
Nancy Pelosi did not ask for a bigger plane.
Bill Livingood, the House's sergeant at arms asked for a bigger plane.
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006412335

Yea right....

I had heard it was a G5 (on one of the Sunday shows...) .... and it can make it across country

Designated C-37A in U.S. Air Force service, the Gulfstream V fulfills worldwide special air missions for high-ranking government and Defense Department officials.

The Gulfstream V (also referred to as the G5) originally flew in 1995, was certified in 1997, and was one of the first "ultra-long range" (~6000 nautical miles) business aircraft. Capable of carrying up to 16 people in standard seating configurations, and able to fly up to 6,500 nautical miles (12,038 km), the GV became the longest range business jet ever made at the time of its introduction.

So, it does NOT seem like the small jet is not capable of making it cross country... of course, maybe it is the G5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulfstream_V

And I did a little digging.... it might have been a GIII... but again.. it can make it over 4,000 miles... so no refueling from what I see...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-20_Gulfstream_III

And who knows if this is true or not, but she had asked that it be equiped with a bed...

In the 50s there was a TV program where a rich man gave away 1M dollars tax free. This was the accepted goal at that time for being rich. If you just use inflation to project that value from 1955 to today, you get a little under $7M. Adding in the "tax free" feature makes it over $10M. So, by yesterday's standard it takes $10M to be "rich". I'll settle for $5M easily, though. Projecting the $64K Question to today is about half-a-million which was considered quite a prize for the ordinary trivia expert during the same decade.

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
So when you have your financial discussions, have you ever said "Lets be frank and earnest. You be frank, i'll be earnest." ?

looks like my mom has a more morbid sense of humour than your dad. her favourite joke is

Q "what did one worm say to the other?"

A "let's make love in dead Earnest.

Texas Proud said:
From what I have seen on the TV shows, you still have to go through security if you charter... maybe I will ask someone at work who has flown on our mega corp jet...

I flew a lot of miles on my old mega corps jets. No security to speak of. The pilot came into the room we were hanging out in, checked his manifest against our company ID badges and on the plane we went.

As has been previously mentioned, someone not only gained access to my companys data center for a year with a stolen badge, I wore one with a photocopy of an ass with groucho marx glasses on it for several months. I did not, however, attempt to get on the plane with that one... ;)

Texas Proud said:
Yea right....

I had heard it was a G5 (on one of the Sunday shows...) .... and it can make it across country

Designated C-37A in U.S. Air Force service, the Gulfstream V fulfills worldwide special air missions for high-ranking government and Defense Department officials.

The Gulfstream V (also referred to as the G5) originally flew in 1995, was certified in 1997, and was one of the first "ultra-long range" (~6000 nautical miles) business aircraft. Capable of carrying up to 16 people in standard seating configurations, and able to fly up to 6,500 nautical miles (12,038 km), the GV became the longest range business jet ever made at the time of its introduction.

So, it does NOT seem like the small jet is not capable of making it cross country... of course, maybe it is the G5

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulfstream_V

And I did a little digging.... it might have been a GIII... but again.. it can make it over 4,000 miles... so no refueling from what I see...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-20_Gulfstream_III

And who knows if this is true or not, but she had asked that it be equiped with a bed...

So he quotes a news source, the White House itself defends Pelosi, but you say, "yeah, right I heard it on a talk show..." ::)

The people who loathe anyone with a "D" in front of their name on CSPAN will add this story to their bible on why libs are evil ( along with the Clinton killed his aide, it wasn't suicide and all the other stories).

When I was a kid, people got their news from the news, I miss those days. Now it's Rush Limbaugh and O'Rielly and Hannity and Colms and the Drudge Report and Neil Cavouto and that blowhard vapid-head on CNN Nancy Grace. And their method is all the same: Suck up to the viewership "You get it, my loyal viewership, you understand what it's all about!" play the victim, "That dirty commie rag the New York Times had the audacity to point out I couldn't point to Russia on a Map!", and then confidently tell their viewers what their opinion should be about an issue. Notice once everyone has gotten their licks in, and the reports come out that they were wrong, nobody does a top story of "I was wrong, I was an a** for running with a story without the facts!". They just trundle out a new story that fits their world view. Or maybe do an hour of coverage on a pretty white girl that went missing... :p

....[/end rant] Sorry Texas, you weren't the target of most of that, it just set me off.

People dont want to do their own interpretations and develop their own opinions anymore. They like it pre-filtered and pre-spun by someone that thinks like they do. Simplifies their life and removes a lot of the complications of having to think for yourself.

So the people who answer "I don't know" on surveys just haven't checked in with their favorite media hypocrite talking head on that issue yet, right? Where is that island you are sending all these people to? Australia isn't big enough...

Eh, okay you forced my hand. I was just going to take them out to sea on a c-5 and push them out the back. People who agree to take a poll and then after being asked one simple question cant form an opinion when the choices are already laid out for them are probably the root of all evil in the universe :LOL:

Can you tell it's a Monday? I took some crabby pills with my coffee. I really hate work on Mondays. By Friday I only hate it. :LOL: :'(

When Hastert had a military jet, no one was complaining.. Gotta protect the Speaker in times of terra, ya know.. Third in line.

Republicans: suck it up and move along to the next "scandal"

Laurence said:
Can you tell it's a Monday? I took some crabby pills with my coffee. I really hate work on Mondays. By Friday I only hate it. :LOL: :'(

Oh shoot, is it monday already?

Hell, I have to put my trash out tonight. Once monday night football goes off the air i'm screwed for remembering to put out the cans.

(yeah, i'm ducking)

ladelfina said:
Gotta protect the Speaker in times of terra

Is it all the way up to "terra" now? Last time I heard George talk I think he was barely getting out 'ter'. In fact, it was closer to 'te'

:LOL:

Still in my pajamas too. Mmmm...this is good coffee...I think i'll go make some huevos rancheros now, have a nice breakfast with my family...

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
People who agree to take a poll and then after being asked one simple question cant form an opinion when the choices are already laid out for them are probably the root of all evil in the universe :LOL:

Sorry. Left turns are the root of all evil.

Texas Proud said:
From what I have seen on the TV shows, you still have to go through security if you charter... maybe I will ask someone at work who has flown on our mega corp jet...
My friend told me that one of the great benefits of chartering flights was that he didn't have to deal with post-911 airport security. These private charters don't use the same terminals (if any) that the commercial flights do. I'm sure there is some level of security, I guess it's just "invisible" to the paying client.

He does not charter for company business, but for personal pleasure trips.

Of course some people charter private jets for their own personal security!

Audrey

Cute Fuzzy Bunny said:
Still in my pajamas too. Mmmm...this is good coffee...I think i'll go make some huevos rancheros now, have a nice breakfast with my family...
... and then go back to bed!

Gumby said:
Sorry. Left turns are the root of all evil.

Ah, you must live in california, where all left turns are illegal because no indigenous drivers can successfully execute one without crashing into someone.

Nords said:
... and then go back to bed!

Bah, I have the in-laws coming over in a couple of hours. I'm making short ribs with roast fingerling potatoes and caesar salad. So no nap for me until after they leave.

So see Laurence, work does have its benefits. You rarely get visits from the in-laws to your office... ;)

california, where all left turns are illegal because no indigenous drivers can successfully execute one without crashing into someone.

What is it with California and left turns..?

I got a whole run-down from my sister when we were in LA on how they are to be handled, to wit: when the left turn arrow turns green, you must NOT execute the left turn, because people in oncoming traffic will run you over against the light. They expect to do this, and it is very bad form to countermand them. OTOH, because the light is so short, IF people are stopped or miraculously you have the chance, you must JUMP the green left in order to have any hope in hell of getting through the intersection, because the lights are all too short.

Now, this is the main LA rule: You MUST also turn left if you arrive just AFTER the left turn light has gone red, because "everyone expects it." They will honk at you like banshees if you don't. 5-6 cars get through after the red left, normally.

Pedestrians crossing perpendicularly in crosswalks have no rights. She vociferously defended a starlet accused of running down a ped. in a crosswalk. The defense: "She was making a left turn!!! EVERYone knows when you're making a left turn.. " yada yada yada.

I was never so happy as after that trip to get back to MA and "normal" things, like rotaries!

East & West Coast: two cultures divided by common traffic rules.

ladelfina said:
I was never so happy as after that trip to get back to MA and "normal" things, like rotaries!

East & West Coast: two cultures divided by common traffic rules.

I learned that the hard way too, almost died driving in CA.

Same here. Instead of lurching out and cutting someone off, people unexpectedly stopped right in front of me and I dang near rear ended them with the gas pedal floored.

Rotaries are the bomb. Unless you're in england and still working out that driving on the left side stuff.

I really enjoyed how MA kept flip-flopping the laws on who had right of way in a rotary until nobody remembered which way it was. Sure made things move quicker and driving a lot more entertaining.

That bridge used to scare the crap out of me when I was a little kid and we went camping on the cape, which had about four people living on it permanently at the time.

I used to have to hide in the footwell in the back seat when we went over it.

nooo noooooooo
The dumbing-down of America. Say it isn't so!

ladelfina said:
nooo noooooooo
The dumbing-down of America. Say it isn't so!

Yes, sad but true. But don't fret, you still have the Roosevelt Circle and the one at Rte 60, oh and don't forget the wonderful rotary off Rte 93 at 110 in Andover, my favorite especially when the geese are crossing.

Back
Top Bottom