Fidelity Visa summer bonus--dumb.

rayvt

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just got a letter from Fidelity Visa, "earn additional Bonus Points this summer"

For the 2 months Aug & Sept, once you make $7000 purchases, each additional dollar above the $7K will earn 1 extra bonus point.
Up to 2000 points. That is, maximum $20 extra bonus.

Why bother? What a stupid promo.

I got the same letter but it was $5,000 instead of $7,000. They must think you're more affluent than I am.

Agreed it's a stupid promotion.

You guys are high rollers - my offer was for a bonus ($20!) for spending $2000 over a $4500 base. We have two cards with them - the other needed $2000 over a $2500 or $3000 base. Feh. I just signed up for a Wells Farcial Platinum super dooper card for $500 bonus after spending $3000 - this after signing up for a Chase Southwest card for $500 worth of Amazon gift cards for a $3000 spend. The rentals make it real easy to Blow That Dough (in a tightwad way).

Banked with Wells for decades, keep a significant balance in the checking accounts, have a good sized mortgage, and all they ever send me are garbage offers.

I don't bother with new cards unless the reward is worth several hundred dollars. The rentals make it easy to "blow that dough" for rewards, but the pickings are slim.

I haven’t gotten the mail yet, so maybe my letter is sitting there, but I just checked and I’ve made over $1500 YTD in cash back on the card. So I am happy no matter what.

Back
Top Bottom