Fidelity website not updating balances

I am very concerned about shares I cancel sale orders for and purchase orders I cancel....not cancelling and locking my shares and money for multiple days. This is what I experienced and wasn't fun. This is fully resolved as of today.

I also experienced some of my accounts balances being not available, but I don't really care about that.

So I called the final time today to discuss my issue. Again, my issue is that my account did not update with what I think is the amount of gain I should have had. Nov 30 was a big day for the market, and with 7 figures portfolio invested, I saw a $600 gain. It should have been 15 times that. Fidelity says I’m all good, and I think I’m not. So I pushed them to evaluate my account and they deferred me to look at my paper/elec statements when they come and figure it out myself. Not sure what to think about that

So I called the final time today to discuss my issue. Again, my issue is that my account did not update with what I think is the amount of gain I should have had. Nov 30 was a big day for the market, and with 7 figures portfolio invested, I saw a $600 gain. It should have been 15 times that. Fidelity says I’m all good, and I think I’m not. So I pushed them to evaluate my account and they deferred me to look at my paper/elec statements when they come and figure it out myself. Not sure what to think about that

Have you looked at your Oct 31 and Nov 30 statements and compared?

Why wouldn't you review it yourself first instead of making a claim simply based on intuition? Certainly all of your holdings have prices/values that are posted on a daily basis and you could check from Yahoo Finance or Google Finance.

Lastly, regardless of what was showing on Nov 30/Dec 1, all that is important is that the prices/totals indicated today are correct.

Last edited:
Have you looked at your Oct 31 and Nov 30 statements and compared?

Why wouldn't you review it yourself first instead of making a claim simply based on intuition? Certainly all of your holdings have prices/values that are posted on a daily basis and you could check from Yahoo Finance or Google Finance.

Lastly, regardless of what was showing on Nov 30/Dec 1, all that is important is that the prices/totals indicated today are correct.

Here’s the thing; I did check the statement (finally…) and on November 30th, the huge market upturn I. The Dow returned a .01 per share increase. The NEXT day, a market run up of about 50% less gave me a .10 per share increase. FYI, my 401k is invested in a retirement date fund at fidelity. Currently at 55% equities. Am I misreading something?

Here’s the thing; I did check the statement (finally…) and on November 30th, the huge market upturn I. The Dow returned a .01 per share increase. The NEXT day, a market run up of about 50% less gave me a .10 per share increase. FYI, my 401k is invested in a retirement date fund at fidelity. Currently at 55% equities. Am I misreading something?

You have to look at the specific funds you are invested in. Using the Dow or other proxy can be misleading. This time of year fund dividends and capital gains can cause NAV prices to not reflect portfolio values accurately.

Funny, I typically log into Fidelity at least 2-3 times a week, and I almost never see a problem.
But my needs are simple.

FYI the SP500 increased 0.4% on 11/30/23 - a fairly insignificant rise.

Maybe with all the trouble at Fidelity, people should move their money to Vanguard.

:cool: :facepalm: :popcorn:

It's the number of shares that's important. And the price you get when you buy or sell. All the rest is fluff. I wrote a thing that scrapes all the positions and puts it into a spreadsheet. I've noticed that on some of the more obscure holdings, the price isn't quite right. I'm not too concerned because when I sell, I expect that will be right. I also wrote a PDF parser for the Fidelity statement. What a pain that was. There's even cases where they don't give you enough information to get from beginning to ending balance (when you close out a position, the share count and price aren't listed).

My beef is that "there oughtta be a law" that forces brokerages to provide machine-readable (not machine printable) statements without having to trust a third party. And access should be uniform, so you would type a URL for a specific month's statement and the download would start...they love to push alerts on you, change the menus, etc. I just want the statement. And get off my lawn!

The PLUS button to add a stock or ETF to a watchlist has been inoperable for me for a week now? Everything else seems to be working?

Back
Top Bottom