Filing for social security when 62

jamcarls

Confused about dryer sheets
I am a library worker age 62. My income and requirements are not large. My spouse passed away away 5 years ago. No kids. I will be able to claim full survivor benefits when I turn 66. It is larger than mine.

I plan to continue working for a few years. I continue to work because my work is fun. I work with lot of really nice students, great student employees, and have a great boss and coworkers. My health will cause me to retire before 65.

I cannot see any downside to taking early social security and continuing to work (except for the complexifing of my federal and state income tax filing).

Am I missing something?

I am a library worker age 62. My income and requirements are not large. My spouse passed away away 5 years ago. No kids. I will be able to claim full survivor benefits when I turn 66. It is larger than mine.

I plan to continue working for a few years. I continue to work because my work is fun. I work with lot of really nice students, great student employees, and have a great boss and coworkers. My health will cause me to retire before 65.

I cannot see any downside to taking early social security and continuing to work (except for the complexifing of my federal and state income tax filing).

Am I missing something?
Well, do you need the additional income?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom