Finally Permanently Retired

MJ

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I was temporarily unemployed since March but since I just received my last unemployment benefit check, I'm officially retired. :D
The last external lifeline has been cut.
No more checks from my company or the government (until SS in 8 years). I'm totally on my own. :eek: Mammy help. :D

Actually, I got the check this morning and didn't think about the symbolling significance until just now.

I think I'll have a nice hot lunch then get on my bike, go down to deposit the sucker before the state changes its mind and asks for the check back.

MJ

MJ said:
No more checks from my company or the government (until SS in 8 years). I'm totally on my own. :eek: Mammy help. :D

MJ, welcome to life without a net. :eek: Just do what I do...don't look down. :D

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s!
Don't look back.

MJ said:
I was temporarily unemployed since March but since I just received my last unemployment benefit check, I'm officially retired.  :D
I'm totally on my own.  :eek:  Mammy help.   :D MJ
Sorry the Bangkok/Chiang Mai job search didn't pan out, MJ.

But congratulations on being free!

REWahoo! said:
MJ, welcome to life without a net. :eek: Just do what I do...don't look down. :D

REWahoo -- perfect analogy -- that's what it feels like. MJ, now you'll know why some of us spend so much time obsessing about SWR and so forth -- that is our 'monthly check' for life so we're fairly interested in how big it is! Given how long you've been reading stuff around here, I suspect you're well versed in all that by now and it's all just the psychological game. So, as REWahoo says, just don't look down, or whistle past the graveyard, find yourself some really cheap amusements and start enjoying life after the ripcord comes loose in your hand :D

Nords said:
Sorry the Bangkok/Chiang Mai job search didn't pan out, MJ.

But congratulations on being free!

Hey thanks for the idea. I got myself a write off for my 2005 taxes. I was so desperate for a job that I was willing to go 1/2 way around the world for a job that would have paid me $10 a day. That would have been enough to live on and save at least $2 a day. How many people can save that much ?

MJ

ESRBob said:
MJ, now you'll know why some of us spend so much time obsessing about SWR and so forth -- that is our 'monthly check' for life so we're fairly interested in how big it is! Given how long you've been reading stuff around here, I suspect you're well versed in all that by now and it's all just the psychological game.
ESR, although I was semi joking, I have been obsessing with my finances for years as I mentioned on a different thread but I "hope" to overcome my perceived fears within a short amount of time. Since I'm going to be 58 soon, I figure I have a 20 good years (optimistic), followed by a 10 decent years. followed by ?? over the hill years. I better get over the fear real soon.

MJ :)

MJ,

Congrats!

One more severance check (Merry Christmas!) and another 3 months of unemployment ... then I am off the dole (too).

Don't spend it all in one place.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom