Finding timely stock info

Arif

Full time employment: Posting here.
For those of you that own individual stocks. Where do you go to find out timely information on your stocks when weird things happen? For instance, one of my stocks went up 5% in a day and I couldn't find out why until a couple days later. Turned out that it was up on speculation of a buyout. No buyers have emerged which makes it all the more confusing.I guess this is what Buffett refers to as Mr. Market and his multiple personalities.

I created a list of my stocks in a Yahoo portfilio and look at in the morning and through out the day. It gives you recent price and % increase or decrease and volume. It also gives you any recent news on the stock. You can do this for foreign stocks also.

Plenty of web sites show recent news. If that doesn't work, then you can use google or the company web site. I'm not a yahoo fan, but do use investor.msn.com
quite a bit.

Freein05 said:
I created a list of my stocks in a Yahoo portfilio and look at in the morning and through out the day. It gives you recent price and % increase or decrease and volume. It also gives you any recent news on the stock. You can do this for foreign stocks also.

I also use Yahoo portfolios, though now that I am retired I am trying to cut
back the frequency that I look at prices and news.

Back
Top Bottom