Food Storage Containers

Some products have inconsistent model numbers between retailers. I guess the retailers either want the perception of exclusivity, to make it difficult to compare prices, or both.

Toilets and mattresses jump to mind as identical (or with very-slightly-varied accessory options) products with varying model names or numbers between major retailers. I'm sure there are many others, although I doubt resealable plastic food storage is worthy of the practice.

Dell is pretty much the opposite. They'll use components sourced from differing vendors in the same model, so they more or less have to track components by PC to figure out what drivers and service it may need.

Apple is just different from everybody else. The Mac fans differentiate by screen size and year made, and MacBook vs. MacBook Air vs. MacBook Pro .

Last edited:
Some products have inconsistent model numbers between retailers. I guess the retailers either want the perception of exclusivity, to make it difficult to compare prices, or both. ...

That is by design, a work-around to their 'price matching guarantees'.

Consumer: Hey, I saw the same TV on sale for $50 less at a competitor, how about a price-match?

Big Retailer: I'm sorry sir, that isn't the same model.

Consumer: Ummm, the only difference is, you don't include batteries in the remote, and they do - so your's should be cheaper anyhow.

Big Retailer: I'm sorry sir, that isn't the same model.​

And so it goes...

-ERD50

I remember when I was a kid my mom saved the bags that our bread came in. My brothers and I would use them in the winter time and slip them over our socks before putting our boots on and going out in the snow. They did a good job keeping our feet dry! :)

Mike

Those plastic bags WERE our boots (over socks and shoes) when we kids were little. Better than nothing as long as they lasted - may 15 - 20 minutes..... :)

Al, we have a few of those twist on types and they work pretty well. I still prefer the Pyrex storage bowls as they are all glass and can be used to heat in the microwave without dirtying a second bowl. They also don't get stained by curries or tomato dishes like some plastics. The pyrex ones are maybe 2-3x the price of the plastic ones but very nice if you cook a lot. I have enough to use the storage bowls as mixing/prep bowls when I think I'll end up storing the prepped food (or part of it) in the fridge. Less dirty dishes.

A more on topic Monty Python sketch.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom