Votes: 17 15.5%
  • Rinse or wipe off big stuff, but they don’t go in clean

Votes: 63 57.3%
  • I mostly throw dishes in as is, no rinse or wipe down

Votes: 13 11.8%
  • We chose to hand was dishes and/or don’t have a dishwasher

Votes: 17 15.5%

• Total voters
My procedure is to remove the dishes DW has left soaking in the sink and load them after rearranging any dishes she has inadvertently mis loaded. Then I do a quick rinse and load. The machine runs every other day (3 in the house). The rinse is mainly to reduce any odor while waiting to be run. About 1 out of 50 loads an item will not come completely clean and it just gets rerun. Machine is > 18 yrs old and still works well.
Got me beat! Mines a 21 yr old spinner,

I just set all the dishes on the floor and let the dogs have at 'em.

After the spit dries I stack 'em back in the cupboard.

I scrape and rinse the dishes prior to loading. I run the dishwasher every night, even if it is only half full.

Good point re: how often your household runs the dishwasher. I’m a scrub clean guy, but we only run the dishwasher about once a week so dishes sit for days. And DW is more a basic rinser, and those dishes may/not always come out clean. Like others, to me the dishwasher just semi sterilizes the dishes. I’m not going to run the dishwasher again (wasteful) and I’d rather not inspect each dish and handwash. To each his/her own.

I pack that sucker with any plate that still has food after the dogs get done. Them dogs just love food but at times they forget a speck or two and those plates or silverware get loaded. Might set in there a month or so before I get it fully packed.

Don't want to waste a penny washing an empty spot ya know...

I picked 3, but really it is 2. That is, if there is something big on there I will rinse that off but that rarely happens so I don't do that most of the time. I do think that if you leave stuff on the dishes for days so that it dries on there before washing then it is less likely to come out clean.

Back
Top Bottom