Votes: 272 70.1%
  • Gen X 65-80

Votes: 105 27.1%
  • Millennials 81-96

Votes: 5 1.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

braumeister

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
I recently came across this list, which I found useful since I can never remember which is which, and thought it might be interesting to see what our mix is here.

I left the first and the last off the poll, since they are unlikely to be represented on the forum. Personally, I'm a Boomer, my parents were the Greatest, and my grandparents the Lost.

GenerationYears Born
The Lost Generation1883 - 1900
The Greatest Generation1901 - 1927
The Silent Generation1928 - 1945
Baby Boomers1946 - 1964
Gen X1965 - 1980
Millennials1981 - 1996
Gen Z1997 - 2012
Gen AlphaEarly 2010s - 2025

Last edited:
I'm in the baby boomer gen. Also, disagree with with greatest gen years... I think it should be the late ~30's to late ~40's, but that's me.

Last edited:
I'm one of the Baby Boomer generation, born in 1948. For many years it was said that my generation included those born from 1945-1950, during the time when members of the WW2 military were returning home and starting their families. I still feel more in common with the older Baby Boomers than the rest of what people say is my generation.

And by the way, THANKS for calling us the Baby Boomer generation instead of that awful designation as the Boomer generation. When I was a kid, a "boomer' referred to a bowel movement and I hate that assignment.

I'm in the boomer gen. Also, disagree with with greatest gen years... I think it should be the late ~30's to late ~40's, but that's me.

That’s when those people were born. They fought in WWII. Can’t be born in late 30s to 40s and fight in WWII.

I'm one of the Baby Boomer generation, born in 1948. For many years it was said that my generation included those born from 1945-1950, during the time when members of the WW2 military were returning home and starting their families. I still feel more in common with the older Baby Boomers than the rest of what people say is my generation.

And by the way, THANKS for calling us the Baby Boomer generation instead of that awful designation as the Boomer generation. When I was a kid, a "boomer' referred to a bowel movement and I hate that assignment.
I will edit my post.:LOL:

Reactions: W2R
That’s when those people were born. They fought in WWII. Can’t be born in late 30s to 40s and fight in WWII.
Good point, and I agree... My excuse - It was a late night for me and I didn't have my coffee this morning.:)

Last edited:
I voted Baby Boomer, but I’ve recently come across another category I identify with, being Generation Jones. We are the younger years of the boomer era. I never really identified with those who grew up in the 50s and early 60s, but I’m definitely not part of Gen X either. DW is a bit older than me and we don’t agree at all on music. She likes the old girl groups while I am more into The Who or Led Zeppelin.

Baby boomer here.
Kids are both Millennials.
Grandkids Gen Alpha.
Parents were the Silent, grandparents the Greatest.

I voted Baby Boomer, but I’ve recently come across another category I identify with, being Generation Jones. We are the younger years of the boomer era. I never really identified with those who grew up in the 50s and early 60s, but I’m definitely not part of Gen X either. DW is a bit older than me and we don’t agree at all on music. She likes the old girl groups while I am more into The Who or Led Zeppelin.

I think that's a very good point and I tend to agree with you.

I'm in the baby boomer gen. Also, disagree with with greatest gen years... I think it should be the late ~30's to late ~40's, but that's me.
I keep seeing different years on these lists. It's really crazy because one year difference puts you in a completely different generation, yet a couple people 15 years apart will be in the same generation.

I'm Gen X.

When I was a kid, a "boomer' referred to a bowel movement and I hate that assignment.

Lots of different connotations there. To me, as a military retiree, a boomer is a Navy submarine carrying ICBMs! :LOL:

And my first thought when I here "Boomer" is a shotgun.

Hey, that's me too! I check the Boomer box, but I'm close to the cusp. So, I identify more with Gen-X because all my life I've been trailing behind the peak of the Boomer Bulge, which has not been fun. It's like being a Viking but always late to the looting and pillaging - by the time I get there the party's done and the village has already been picked over and burned to the ground.

I’m late baby boomer, and I really don’t identify with folks 10 years older than me.

I'm smack dab in the middle of Gen X.

You whipper snappers get off my lawn and you old farts get outta the way !!

;)

I think that's a very good point and I tend to agree with you.

Agree. Being born in the early 60's, I'm at the very end of the baby boom generation. I've also heard our end of the BB generation as the take away generation - when things like pensions started being lost. I just barely squeaked out a pension from my mega corp. Even so, it got changed from a defined benefit pension to a cash option pension midway through my career.

Awesome! One person from the Greatest Generation on this forum!

Had never really paid much attention to these generation breakdowns but looks like I'm a Boomer......

By my birth year of 1959, I am a late Baby Boomer. However, professionally I was more GenX. I did not go to law school until I was almost 31, so most of my classmates and later professional colleagues were 8 or 9 years younger than me.

I prefer this version of Boomers....I think the life experence is different between Boomer I and Boomer II? (I'm a Boomer I) I think our parents were more involved in WWII.
CP1dm9hIGwk1aNBb.png

Back
Top Bottom