Geico California Class Action Lawsuit

Thanks for the heads up. From the link
lawsuit against GEICO seeking to recover excess insurance premiums paid as a result of the reduction in driving during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Interesting. Our insurer, Amica, sent refund checks a few times during the Covid period.

Yeah, this is the kind of thing that an insurance company aught to do without a law suit (in which most of the money will go to the law firm.)

IIRC, we called our insurance CO. and told them how few miles we were driving. They said "Well, you're already receiving the discount for less than 7000 miles/year." I mentioned we were closer to 700 miles than 7000. That didn't seem to interest them.

I wouldn't be surprised if this C. A. suit in CA is just the beginning. I'm guessing most insurance companies pocketed a good deal of the "windfall." Having said that, the driving habits of the public SINCE Covid have seemingly deteriorated significantly and the insurance companies may need that extra money to cover current conditions. NAH!! They'll just raise rates (and they are.):facepalm::(:mad:

Back
Top Bottom