Get rid of dryer sheet reference

Hello admins,

I was looking through the User CP for an option to get rid of the reference to dryer sheets that appears under my username (recycles dryer sheets). I couldn't find an option to disable it.

Is there such an option?

If not, maybe the forum should consider eliminating that whole dryer sheet theme. I do understand that it refers to the frugality practiced by many here, but it really lacks appeal for many others.

Don't be a sheethead.

Attachments

• sheethead.jpg
    sheethead.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 0

Use Dryer Sheets to:

1. Freshen smelly shoes. Insert a dryer sheet into the offending pair and let sit overnight.
2. Remove static from clothing, hair, TV screens, and computer monitors. Wipe the surface with a sheet.
3. Clean pet hair from the floor or furniture. Rub a dryer sheet over the spot where Fluffy left her fur.
4. Replace a sachet. Keep a dresser drawer smelling fresh and clean by placing a dryer sheet on the bottom of it.
5. Loosen caked-on food from a pan. Place a fresh sheet in the bottom of a dirty pan, fill with lukewarm tap water, and let sit in the sink overnight. The pan will be easier to clean in the morning.
6. Tackle suitcase and gym-bag odors. Place a dryer sheet in your suitcase or gym bag so your clean clothes won’t take on the odors of the dirty ones.
7. Prevent old books from smelling musty when in storage. Stick a dryer sheet between the pages of your beloved copy of Pride and Prejudice.
8. Wipe up sawdust after working in the garage. Rub a dryer sheet over the fine wood particles.
9. Prevent thread from tangling when sewing. Run a threaded needle through a dryer sheet right before you begin your handiwork.
10. Dust venetian blinds. Close the blinds, then wipe up and down with a dryer sheet.

11. Provide entertaining topic of discussion for board members.

Nah, he never left. ;-) He has been lurking just like the Bunny, and others. Give him time, give him time. Some, like VACollector, eventually stayed out of the closet.

The tenacity of OP reminds me of all the annual new recruits I saw come and go from MegaCorp, the best and the brightest from America’s Top Ten Business Schools. They were trained to write memos in a precise professional way, just like everyone else, all humor and individuality was fully stifled. If a new hire failed to master the technique (surely it is not an art) s/he was gone in three months. I disagree with those who emphasize the frugal meaning and feel that the dryer sheet thing is as much about lightening up and non-conformance. I registered here in June 2007 and still find it amusing and well worth keeping.

well i have viewed an awful lot of forums over the years and have to admit this is by far and away one of the better ones... the dryer sheet reference bothers me no more than the cr*p that is on most of the TV stations... like those shows i consider horrible my choice is to ignore them or not watch them... would it be asking too much to do the same for the dryer sheet theme:confused:?

Back
Top Bottom