Orange Juice Concentrate & Dryer Sheets

I don’t use dryer sheets either. Things come out of the dryer just fine. I never understood all the saving of dryer sheets when they aren’t even needed!

I couldn't imagine NOT using them. On the rare occasion I forget to put one in, I am immediately reminded with the high level of static electricity generated when folding them. :D

I couldn't imagine NOT using them. On the rare occasion I forget to put one in, I am immediately reminded with the high level of static electricity generated when folding them. :D

We simply do not have a problem with static electricity. Our washables are either cotton or nylon. Almost no polyester at all. We only get a little bit of static if DH throws in a pair of wool socks, and it’s not any trouble.

We have never used dryer sheets (or fabric softener).

I used to use fabric softener on my towels and later learned that was a mistake. They weren’t as absorbent and didn’t seem to stay fresh as long. When I got new towels I never used fabric softener on them.

We have never used dryer sheets (or fabric softener).

What is a dryer?

Sorry. We do actually have one but at $0.30/KWH for electricity, we try to dry most things on a drying rack or on hangers. DW likes to throw many of the items into the dryer after they are mostly dry - for a quick tumble. It kills the wrinkles and softens the towels. She'll occasionally uses a dryer sheet. I rarely use the dryer at all. It's only when DW catches the right dampness/dryness that the dryer gets used. YMMV

For the record, the dryer sheet joke was about reusing them. Not whether or not to use them at all.

But, since we've already veered into a serious discussion, I'm not so cheap that I don't lather, rinse, repeat.

I do use only enough to get the job done, but even with short hair, that first "lather" doesn't get all the grease out. I read somewhere about how soap works. Apparently, the soap molecules first adhere to the dirt, and that makes them susceptible to being repelled the second time. Since I saw that I've taken to washing my hands twice too, if I want to get them really clean.

I used to use fabric softener on my towels and later learned that was a mistake. They weren’t as absorbent and didn’t seem to stay fresh as long. When I got new towels I never used fabric softener on them.

DW only uses softener on some items, and she educated me long ago about never using it on towels. You can have soft towels or absorbent towels, but not both together.

DW only uses softener on some items, and she educated me long ago about never using it on towels. You can have soft towels or absorbent towels, but not both together.

The daughter of some friends came home from first semester of college some years back. Her mom was impressed to see her doing her own laundry as she'd never done it when she lived at home. Unfortunately, 'mom' realized her daughter was washing with fabric softener only! We figured she had the softest dirty laundry on campus. YMMV

Y'all supposed to use the recycled dryer sheets to strain the fresh squeezed OJ so's ya don't have buy that frozen concentrated fake stuff.

What is a dryer?

Sorry. We do actually have one but at $0.30/KWH for electricity, we try to dry most things on a drying rack or on hangers. DW likes to throw many of the items into the dryer after they are mostly dry - for a quick tumble. It kills the wrinkles and softens the towels. She'll occasionally uses a dryer sheet. I rarely use the dryer at all. It's only when DW catches the right dampness/dryness that the dryer gets used. YMMV

No kidding...at that price I'd hang everything possible and also buy a gas dryer to replace my electric one (cheap natural gas here)

I do use those wool dryer balls in our electric dryer...when one escapes the cat chases it down.

No kidding...at that price I'd hang everything possible and also buy a gas dryer to replace my electric one (cheap natural gas here)

I do use those wool dryer balls in our electric dryer...when one escapes the cat chases it down.

Heh, heh, natural gas is not so cheap on Oahu, though it is available in very limited supplies - mostly to restaurants as I recall. We do also have propane, but not available in my Condo - and not allowed as stand alone. YMMV

Speaking of which... COFFEE is the next big lie... But before you "Coffee Achievers" unfriend me, relax, and know I'm one of you, and please hear me out... Next time use 2 coffee filters and half the number of "heaping scoops" recommended by the coffee bag... YMMV, but your bougie coffee budget will thank me.😆👍☕

There is an apocryphal story of a statue at Johnson & Johnson Corporate Headquarters to the unknown author of "Lather, Rinse, Repeat." YMMV
I used to do this every time I washed my hair. Then my wife taught me to just lather once, longer, and ensure that the scalp is the target of the shampoo (and the hair for the conditioner). Now I use half as much, in less time!

Hmm, I haven’t had OJ in many years! I guess, I dilute my water with water?

Yes, I am a lifelong diluter, going back to Koolaid when I was a kid. Always extra water and less sugar. Same with alcohol and mixed drinks. I had juice container i used for concentrate that was oversized and always added the extra water. I don't tolerate caffeine well, so I am thin on grounds and lots of hot water. Seems my family has a taste for plain hot water also... several have mentioned in family tree.

DM always made our KoolAid with half sugar.
I'm sure it was out of frugality but also the fear of diabetes.

Speaking of which... COFFEE is the next big lie... But before you "Coffee Achievers" unfriend me, relax, and know I'm one of you, and please hear me out... Next time use 2 coffee filters and half the number of "heaping scoops" recommended by the coffee bag... YMMV, but your bougie coffee budget will thank me.😆👍☕

Hmm...I wonder what the coffee experts here think of that

DM always made our KoolAid with half sugar.
I'm sure it was out of frugality but also the fear of diabetes.

My dad was a dentist and always made us use just a 1/2 cup of sugar. When we went to vacation bible school and had THEIR koolaid and iced sugar cookies - heaven! ...literally.

No dryer sheets here - I switched to wool dryer balls. They help dry the clothes and work great!

Back
Top Bottom