Gold Coins

I consider gold, silver, cash, water purification equipment, energy generation, freeze dried & shelf stable food, firearms and ammo all part of my regular insurance no different than homeowners, auto, etc.

I hope I never have to use any of it, but should be good to have when things don't go as planned. There really is no reason not to have some of this if a person values some security and self-reliance.

Looking at the actions around the world during the past couple of years, I would not be surprised that what we are seeing is actually intentional and not an accident. Preparing seems prudent.

I consider gold, silver, cash, water purification equipment, energy generation, freeze dried & shelf stable food, firearms and ammo all part of my regular insurance no different than homeowners, auto, etc.

I hope I never have to use any of it, but should be good to have when things don't go as planned. There really is no reason not to have some of this if a person values some security and self-reliance.

Looking at the actions around the world during the past couple of years, I would not be surprised that what we are seeing is actually intentional and not an accident. Preparing seems prudent.

Yeah, thinking of these things as insurance is probably better than thinking of them as investments. It's a bit like whole-life insurance. Not usually a very good investment but it does insure - and it DOES occasionally give a nice boost to your bottom line (DW "invested" her cash value in a good equity option and made a small fortune. We didn't count on it, but, in addition to insurance, it DID make a bunch of money.) MY PMs (based on the luck of when I bought) have done better than S&P 500 though over many periods that would not be true. I think I'm ignoring dividend reinvestment as well so YMMV.

Back
Top Bottom