Goldman Sachs

freedom2022

Recycles dryer sheets
Have a happy new year.

Any thoughts on GS, Goldman Sachs?
They are a bunch of smart people.
Many of them became and will become Treasury Secretaries or hold position in the cabinet.

Looks like GS is a good bet for a long term position.

For me, this cartoon says it all...

Attachments

• IMG_9328.jpeg
    IMG_9328.jpeg
    23.5 KB · Views: 37
Have a happy new year.

Any thoughts on GS, Goldman Sachs?
They are a bunch of smart people.
Many of them became and will become Treasury Secretaries or hold position in the cabinet.

Looks like GS is a good bet for a long term position.

I looked closely at GS when I wanted to add a financial to the portfolio. I chose against GS. My main screening tools are Fidelity and finviz screeners, research reports (Refinitiv and others) and company 10-k statements. What I saw from GS was not enough to earn my investment dollars.

I do, however, believe in holding financial sector stocks.

Goldman does send a lot of people into the Government sector. I always keep a GS bond in my portfolio so when one of those guys come on TV I can yell "That summabich owes me money!"

It's also fun to tell my conspirancy loving friend that I cashed my coupon or got my principal back. GS didn't screw the little guy!

Goldman does send a lot of people into the Government sector. I always keep a GS bond in my portfolio so when one of those guys come on TV I can yell "That summabich owes me money!"

It's also fun to tell my conspirancy loving friend that I cashed my coupon or got my principal back. GS didn't screw the little guy!

DW and I held a GS bond for several years -- it paid a nice yield but the market didn't seem to appreciate it that much. I held it until it was called, so I didn't care.

Right now we have a small Lloyds Bank bond that is the same way. A-rated, 4.2% coupon and trades are going on in the 101% range.

I would own more bonds from big banks like GS given the opportunity.

That’s funny. Can I do the same thing if I have with a GS CD or Marcus Online Savings Account?

Back
Top Bottom