Good deals for veterans

FinallyRetired

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Veterans Appreciation Promotions: McCormick and Schmick - Golden Corral - Denny's

Military Appreciation Monday (First Monday after Veteran's Day) is set aside for Golden Corral to honor all active duty and retired military personnel with a free "thank you" dinner and beverage at any Golden Corral restaurant. Since 2001, Golden Corral has served 1,230,960 FREE meals to active duty and retired military personnel. For more information go to their website
Golden Corral.

Vets must show proper identification (VA card, VFW card, veterans ID, discharge papers, etc.) A complete list of participating McCormick and Schmicks restaurants may be found at McCormick & Schmick's Seafood Restaurants - Home P.

Denny's, has joined forces with the Fisher House Foundation to offer discounted meals to servicemembers, retirees, veterans and their families staying at one of the 35 Fisher Houses located in 13 states.

Carnival Cruise Lines' Veteran's Day Promotion Provides Discounted Rates to Military Personnel and Their Families
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/071019/clf018.html?.v=101

What's the US definition of a veteran?

Here in the frozen north, the traditional one is someone who has served during wartime. When I was young (50's) Korea didn't count since no war was declared. Today, I don't think Afganistan would count either, although the definition may be changing.

My dad, who spent WWII training Canadian troops in England never considered himself a vetran since he never saw combat. My uncle, who flew off Canad's west coast watching for the Japaneese invasion didn't either.

Depends on when a person serves but it's either 90 for wartime or 180 days during peacetime and discharged under honorable conditions.

I guess that's why the US has all kinds of vetrans and Canada has so few. Canada only accepts as veterans soldiers from declared wars and WWII was the last. Interesting, dad (who served in England) and uncle (who flew off west coast) didn't consider themselves veterans but what did the US supply? What is the minimum I have to serve to be a vewtran?

Knott's Berry Farm also has deals for Veteran's for the month of November. Vet and 1 guest get in free. All info on Knott's webpage.

Back
Top Bottom