Got my Global Entry interview!

OldShooter

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
A couple of months ago I jumped through all the hoops to renew my GE. Maybe a month after that I got the notice that my application was conditionally approved and I was cleared to schedule an interview. I jumped through those hoops only to discover that the first available interview was April 9, 2020 ?!!?!? I have read that the old GE is still good up to the interview but we are off to Africa again at the end of Feb. and I didn't want to test that theory.

So encouraged by something I read, maybe here, I have been checking the GE site to "reschedule" my interview. The first couple of times I did that, the site offered me interviews in May. No joy there. But yesterday it offered me a choice of five interview times on Monday and Tuesday next week. Apparently these were cancellations, so I grabbed one.

So the moral of the story is, if you are in a hurry, keep checking. You might get lucky as I did.

TSA is also offering interviews on arrival back in the states, but I didn't want to count on that. Also, after a long flight, I am not really wanting to talk to a bureaucrat.

Interesting. I renewed my NEXUS card earlier this year and got the new card in the mail two weeks later. No interview needed.

Interesting. I renewed my NEXUS card earlier this year and got the new card in the mail two weeks later. No interview needed.
Yeah. I was surprised that they required an interview for a renewal. In addition to it being a renewal, the FBI has good files on me from a couple of decades of DoD security clearances. But, hey, those bureaucrats have families to feed and a$$es to cover. Efficiency cuts into those objectives.

Back
Top Bottom