Grumpy Jenkins is gone!

OMG! I thought you meant our forum member Grumpy.

Sorry, didn't mean to scare anyone. Maybe one of the Mods can change the thread to Grumpy Jenkins is Gone!

My first drag race featured this car, Grump's Toy (Chevy II). Still the most memorable. I was in awe of that guy and his talent building cars.

EDIT: BTW, real oldie but "Who drove this car?"

Attachments

• hmpmaverick.jpg
    hmpmaverick.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
He was one of my idols as a teen and no one wore the bowtie better. I didn't realize Grump was that old, would have thought he was more in his early to mid 70s.

RIP Grump, you'll be sorely missed by all your fans.

I remember that Preparation H six cylinder Maverick. I had to do a little internet hunting to find that it was driven by Bruce Sizemore.

I recall names like Bob Glidden, Don Prudhomme, etc, but also some lesser knowns like Dempsey Hardy, Paul Mercure, etc.

Check out this one, mate. Checkmate

I remember Grumpy's Toy in the early to mid seventies at Cayuga. That was a great Canadian track run by a local who spent the money to get the big stars of the day. I was there when Shirley Muldowney got her top fuel licence in 1973. Tommy Ivo Connie Kalitta and Don Garlits signed her licence. Too bad I was not into Photography then. I have some from a few years later when Shirley returned to match race Gary Beck a few times. Another long term driver I remember is Chris Karamesines who was racing top fuel a few years ago in his late seventies.

Back
Top Bottom